Author Topic: incredimail  (Read 2752 times)

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
incredimail
« on: August 30, 2009, 15:43:05 »
I see from this forum some people use this stuff , aneighbour has been trying to download the free version it says it's working he sends the emails,they say they've gone but they don't arrive ???I've fiddled with it..blind leading blind etc.I've even tried downloading the free version on my computer but it keeps saying my user name is wrong which it isn't.anybody any ideas ::)
sanity is overated

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: incredimail
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 16:55:01 »
I never use it now I found I got all sort of problems with it e.g. Spam, Virus and crashes!!

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 17:11:03 »

INCREDIMAIL .......... Computor says   NO,

What a lot of hassle that was,  all sorts of wierd goings on  -  now,   I am having similar

problems with Platrium,   can't anyone have any fun round here !         ;D
Hertfordshire,   south east England

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 17:58:11 »
Oh thanks for that i've just UN installed it and will try to convince my neighbour to do the same.Oh for the simple life ???
sanity is overated

woppa30

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 09:40:03 »
I came home one evening to find my wife had installed it. It looks "pretty" with lots of eye candy and fancy animations. It does have some nice features but I am a bit of a computing purist and prefer a simply interface that works, does what it should and doesn't bring my pc to a crawl. Its back up and restore feature is flaky, prey you never have a major crash.
I tolerate Incredimail but I use outlook.
If I was starting fresh witha  new PC it would probably be ac ombination of thunderbird for email and firefox for web browsing.
My 2p worth

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 23:33:47 »
I came home one evening to find my wife had installed it. It looks "pretty" with lots of eye candy and fancy animations. It does have some nice features but I am a bit of a computing purist and prefer a simply interface that works, does what it should and doesn't bring my pc to a crawl. Its back up and restore feature is flaky, prey you never have a major crash.
I tolerate Incredimail but I use outlook.
If I was starting fresh witha  new PC it would probably be ac ombination of thunderbird for email and firefox for web browsing.
My 2p worth
wow you're scary all that techno speak i just got anew camcorder and was going to send it back cos wasn't working....erm put the battery in wrong way round  just an illustration of my lack of knowledge ps i can cook though ;D
sanity is overated

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 13:32:03 »
Spyware!

Puts loads of ads and links at the bottom of each email, and if the recipient clicks on them it installs not only the horrid email fonts but various popups, ads and useless toolbars. Because they think its legit the user will usually click OK when prompted by their firewall to accept the software.

If you have installed this and use any form of online banking I would advise changing all your passwords and wiping the PC. Not all malware causes popups and virus messages, some just lurks in the background collecting passwords..

Woppa I suggest going into Control Panel > user accounts and setting your wife's account to Limited User  ;)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 13:46:22 »
I don't like the fact that Microsoft products decide for me which attachments are safe for me to open and usually get it wrong. So I installed Thunderbird too. It puts me in charge.

That's on the PC. My Macbook, like most Apple products, just works. :) 8)

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 15:30:46 »
On my PC I used Thunderbird & Firefox - much better than the Microsoft stuff. By now I've got an iMac. As you say - it just works. No spam, no problems, no grinding to a halt. Should have switched years ago!

GRACELAND

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 19:22:27 »
use Googlemail here
i don't belive death is the end

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal