Author Topic: sharing a plot  (Read 1229 times)

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
sharing a plot
« on: October 26, 2009, 21:49:36 »
has anyone any experience of sharing a plot with an existing holder?  I am 128th on the waiting list, and it would seem that my only hope of getting my hands dirty this side of my dotage is to persuade someone to include me in his tenancy agreement.  Then, after a year, if he wants to give it up, I get first refusal.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
Re: sharing a plot
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 21:58:50 »
Hi & welcome to the site!!

It can work if you agree which part is yours & stick to it. It won't work if you have some kind of autonomous collective where you all work together for the common good! Hope you go for it & best of luck!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 22:49:47 »
Our site rules are different.  If you share with a plotholder and they give up.... you are off too and it is allocated to whoever is next on the list.  This is irrespective if you had shared the plot for 20 years.  The only exception to this rule is that a plot may be passed to direct next of kin.  Mother to daughter and father to son.  No cousins aunts uncles etc.  All this is very clear in the tenancy agreement.  I would check any small-print. 
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 22:56:20 »
Our site rules are different.  If you share with a plotholder and they give up.... you are off too and it is allocated to whoever is next on the list.  This is irrespective if you had shared the plot for 20 years.  The only exception to this rule is that a plot may be passed to direct next of kin.  Mother to daughter and father to son.  No cousins aunts uncles etc.  All this is very clear in the tenancy agreement.  I would check any small-print. 
our site also has this rule,on the basis that,if your neighbour were to give up,you would,in effect,be jumping the waiting list,which wouldnt be fair on the 127 people in front of you,just think how long the top 10 have been waiting
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

slyfox-mal

• Acre
    • my diary
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 19:43:00 »
on our site we have a policy that if you have had youre plot for 3 years or more you can sign it over to whoever you wish  this can be a bad thing as people sell there plots or should i say the sheds and the likes to people who will pay the price
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 22:48:35 »
I realise it doesn't seem fair to those above me on the list, but it definitely is quite clear that this is OK in the rules.  Also, I feel that if I am  pro-active , then I needn't feel guilty if my persistence and willingness to compromise results in someone getting help with a plot that is becoming too much.  Lots of the plotholders in Hartlepool actually only use their plots for pigeons, and some are quite happy for someone else to do the gardening part! 

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 23:39:03 »
If the rules allow you to gain a plot in this way go for it, because no one from the waiting list will ever get a look in under some of these schemes.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 08:45:55 »
just dont seem fair to me!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal