Author Topic: Posting photographs  (Read 3390 times)

muddylou

• Half Acre
Posting photographs
« on: June 20, 2009, 22:26:24 »
Hello,
       I'm able to put photographs on my gallery but seem unable to when I post on a thread. Unless I've missed something obvious, there doesn't seem to be anything to "click" on to then be able to add a photo.
Any help for this luddite would be much appreciated.  :)

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Posting photographs
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 23:37:44 »
If you want to post photographs direct, you need to pay a £10 pa subscription to Dan.  This helps him to cover the costs of keeping the forum going.  If you don't want to pay the sub, then you can use a hosting service like photobucket or flickr.

muddylou

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 23:45:04 »
If you want to post photographs direct, you need to pay a £10 pa subscription to Dan.  This helps him to cover the costs of keeping the forum going.  If you don't want to pay the sub, then you can use a hosting service like photobucket or flickr.

Thanks Ceres, I understand that now it's just that on other boards there is a "post a photograph" option usually at the bottom of the page when typing your post to allow you to add a picture. I just can't seem to find it on here.  ???

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 08:54:11 »

Thanks Ceres, I understand that now it's just that on other boards there is a "post a photograph" option usually at the bottom of the page when typing your post to allow you to add a picture. I just can't seem to find it on here.  ???

The option is there but unless you've paid the sub you can't see it as it's not enabled for you.  When you have the reply box open to type your reply in, at the bottom left of the screen you'll see 'Additional Options'.  It's in there.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 09:03:43 »
muddylou,

You can post pics from the gallery once you have uploaded them.
Go to your gallery and open the pic you want.
Below the description and rating there is Image Linking Codes
Copy the BB Code text - it will start and end with img in brackets - into your post and preview.

Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

muddylou

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 09:06:39 »

The option is there but unless you've paid the sub you can't see it as it's not enabled for you.  When you have the reply box open to type your reply in, at the bottom left of the screen you'll see 'Additional Options'.  It's in there.

Thanks again, I understand now.  Also to you BarriedaleNick cheers for letting me know  ;)

bluebedouin

• Quarter Acre
    • The Friendliest Auction Site On Earth !
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 00:52:20 »

Hello,
       I'm able to put photographs on my gallery but seem unable to when I post on a thread. Unless I've missed something obvious, there doesn't seem to be anything to "click" on to then be able to add a photo.
Any help for this luddite would be much appreciated.  :)

To post pictures from photobucket or other hosting site,click the little icon here & paste the url between the img tags. :)

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 08:04:33 »
I use Photobucket and all I do is click on the photo I want to copy then go to "Share this image", click on IMG Code and it will automatically copy it.  I then just paste it into the A4A message box.  I don't use the IMG tabs to surround it.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 14:07:19 »
I'm with Pauline if I have the picture I am displaying hosted in 'Photobucket' and with 'bluebedouin' if I my picture is nested on my website!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal