Author Topic: Massive pumpkins  (Read 1052 times)

joestig

• Not So New ...
Massive pumpkins
« on: June 15, 2009, 16:44:29 »
I have a yearning to grow a big Atlantic Giant pumpkin.

I grew one a few years a go with no trouble, I couldn't sit my kid on it, or put wheels on it or anything, but it was still a good size, the next year I got sod all and last year I got one the size of a football. This year I have planted 3 loads of seeds and so far been rewarded with only one pumpkin. Meanwhile the chinese guy two doors up on the lots grew one so big he was on the front of the paper, how jealous was I?

Anyway, here's the point of the post:

Has anyone got any huge seeds I can try? I reckon I should give it one last go!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: Massive pumpkins
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 16:48:35 »
I have never managed to grow pumpkins as yet.  I have 6 plants on the go at present of Cinderella Coach.  Hopefully they will produce the goods for me.  They are still in 8" pots at the moment and only about 6" high. ::)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Re: Massive pumpkins
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 18:17:05 »
I have a yearning to grow a big Atlantic Giant pumpkin.

I grew one a few years a go with no trouble, I couldn't sit my kid on it, or put wheels on it or anything, but it was still a good size, the next year I got sod all and last year I got one the size of a football. This year I have planted 3 loads of seeds and so far been rewarded with only one pumpkin. Meanwhile the chinese guy two doors up on the lots grew one so big he was on the front of the paper, how jealous was I?

Anyway, here's the point of the post:

Has anyone got any huge seeds I can try? I reckon I should give it one last go!

It's a bit late to get one in this year I'd have thought..... For next year get real Dills seed (expensive but they only take them from absolute monsters .... sow in late February and expect to have to repot several times until it's in a pation planter by the time it goes out.... stick a ton of manue in a hole 2 spits deep, cover with the earth from the hole pour over a lot of BFB , plant your pumpkin and stand well clear.....

chrisc

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal