Author Topic: Aminopyralid  (Read 1632 times)

Allotment-junkie

• Quarter Acre
Aminopyralid
« on: June 19, 2010, 08:02:50 »
well im sorry to say this has reared its ugly head once again quite a few on the Brampton road site at Thurcroft near Rotherham have been hammered with this  :-X :-X :-X :o

is any one else still having any problems with the muck ???
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:07:48 by Allotment-junkie »

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Aminopyralid
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 09:41:28 »
Hiya, allotment junkie, sorry to hear about this problem, welcome to a4a..have a look at this thread  :)
http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,60715.0.html

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 10:16:04 »
Hi welcome to the A4A  Allotment-junkie.  Sorry to hear that you have a problem with the dreaded stuff.  Since it does not breakdown readily in manure this problem may unfortunately reoccur for some time.  The stuff was reintroduced after a ban with a stewardship system which many doubt will prevent future problems.  It is apparently banned in Canada it is a huge pity that it did not stay banned here.  Being an American company I hope that Dow remember that they need to pay to clean up any mess!!!

I had a bit of a problem last year and now on our site lots of people have a major devasted of their potates.  Unfortunately someone declared it was called potato leaf curl and so they all ignored it and continued applying manure and now there are a lot of failing runner beans.

Allotment-junkie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 13:02:38 »
thanks guys I dont have the problem but there is about 9 out of around 35 who do and once they find out they will hit the roof ?? (I have told the lot that I talk to but left the Grumpy Buggers in the dark)  ::)

its so far  hammered the Tatties. Broad and Runner Beans
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 13:05:30 by Allotment-junkie »

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 13:26:02 »
Here is the RHS's comments on the subject!

http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/Profile.aspx?pid=477

aj

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 14:04:09 »
well im sorry to say this has reared its ugly head once again quite a few on the Brampton road site at Thurcroft near Rotherham have been hammered with this  :-X :-X :-X :o

is any one else still having any problems with the muck ???

Yes.

We waited 2 years watching suppliers supplying our lottie neighbours and nobody was affected; so we got some from the same farmer and we've had major problems.

So, Dow are arranging for someone to come and take most of it away, the rest was already dug in so I am raking and sieving out as much as I can before they come.

I won't swear but not only has this not gone away, but it will be back with a vengeance now that it is relicenced. Nice.

Allotment-junkie

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 14:41:40 »
Thanks for the info TG and I must say i have been reading the forum for about 3 years and you are a Must for info on most topics keep up the good work ..Bob

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal