Author Topic: Plants for a Purpose - organic, cold-climate unusual herbs and useful plants  (Read 1452 times)

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
I've come across a new plant grower based in Scotland, and thought you might be interested if you haven't come across them already.

Plants for a Purpose is a small Perthire-based nursery who sell by mail order or through the Internet. I came across them when hunting for Alecost (Costmary) as a plot companion. Over Christmas, the owner and I corresponded over a small purchase, and she just sent me her delightful catalogue, full of goodies.

Compares well with Jekka on price and presentation. You can see at a glance what plants attract insects, are aromatic, for medicinal use, culinary and drinks herbs, or for dyeing, laundry and household ::) The proof of the pud is of course the quality of plants that arrive - haven't put a toe in the water ... yet :P Plants average £2.30, min. order £10.

see more at www.plantswithpurpose.co.uk

I'm thinking of:

Costmary
Lad's Love
French Tarragon
Golden Hop
Elecampane
Lovage
Basil and Moroccan Mint
Milk Thistle
Orange and Caraway Thyme

will let you know what they're like when they arrive! ;D

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Added it to my favourites. Gonna pass it on to students in my reflexology class. Most deal with alternative holistic therapies. Thanks SS. Definatley a good site for me. :)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal