Author Topic: This year so far  (Read 2728 times)

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
Re: This year so far
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 22:45:00 »
I hoped to have got the potato beds dug by now (last ones to do) but what with a "flu" type things for a few weeks and then a holiday, I am a bit behind...

The garlic and autumn shallots look great, the autumn onions were slow, but all but one are now "on the go" and a few inches high.  I now have a couple of 2' lengths of early peas in (under cloches and more still in guttering - I have mice  :() a few early carrots (cloched) a few turnips (cloched) parsnips (attempted today as the soil has been warm for a while; I have sand over the seeds and film over the bed) spring onions, shallots and red onions. Have a few things in a cloche in pots ready for going outside when the area for them has been dug... (chinese and jerusalem artichokes, babbington leek, egyptian onions, canary vine, american/potato bean.)

Hope to catch up on the potato bed digging this week in the evenings... and hope I can keep on top of the weeds this year which have started growing rapidly (nettles now rapidly growing where I haven't yet dug/cleared)

mat

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
Re: This year so far
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 08:20:29 »
nothing at all yet, due to being between plots/gardens. i have sown some tomatoes yesterday though. i'm not too worried, plenty of time to get plenty of stuff in yet.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal