Author Topic: I've been tractor-vated!  (Read 1638 times)

plot51A

• Hectare
  • Norfolk - we do diff'rent!
I've been tractor-vated!
« on: March 03, 2006, 16:10:14 »
Had my first plot 2 years now, it was completely overgrown and its taken me all that time to get it all under control - well, as much as it will ever be! The neighbouring plot has not been worked in that time, so, being thoroughly fed up with all their weeds and the fact that I'm lucky enough to have given up work and will have loads more time, asked our sec. if I could take it on at the start of our new lottie year in Feb - got the go-ahead.

I had it all planned in my mind - how I was going to plan it out, what I was going to cover up, what I was going to dig etc - it was all a "don't rush it, bit at a time" plan, as with the first.

Turned up yesterday - mine and all the other uncultivated plots have been dug  :o :o :o Double dug with a big tractor apparently never been done on our site before and boy has it made a difference.

I was so excited could hardly sleep - how silly is that? But now have to completely revise my plans and rush off an order for lots of green manure. I marked out this morning - I've got 24 beds approx 4'x10' - no way can they all be filled at short notice. Good job I went a bit overboard with my seed pots this year.

Sorry to go on but I think I'm still in shock  ;D

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
Re: I've been tractor-vated!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 17:13:51 »
Wow ... terrific ... spectacular ... mad panic ... need seeds ... need money LOTS  :o  quick wish list into the swap shop!!

Great news Periwinkle, you jammy person, do you need much?

Love the photos, the plot seems huge, what size is it?
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 18:11:06 »
Hope no one as reclaimed your plots periwinkle,
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 18:29:59 »
 :o
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

plot51A

• Hectare
  • Norfolk - we do diff'rent!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 18:38:06 »
I think I should have labelled the pics differently! Both show the new plot after the tractor visit - my no. 1 original plot is in the background with the little enviromesh tunnels and has only been dug by my own fair hands (and OH to be fair!)

I think our plots are about 70' x 24', they quite often divide them into 2 for letting. But where I am the trees shade the bottom end for a lot of the day, as in the first pic, doesn't seem fair to give someone that end  ;D

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 19:21:59 »
2 plots!! ... who's complaining ?!!   ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal