Author Topic: Next time around, I shall be a teenaged  (Read 2581 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Next time around, I shall be a teenaged
« on: June 05, 2005, 18:43:25 »
mother.

I see today that they get allowances which are similar to my income - after  63 years hard labour!!

maz

• Acre
Re: Next time around, I shall be a teenaged
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 19:15:19 »
But Tim,  what you have is what you have worked and fought for. You can hold your head up high!

You have self respect.
A friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg,
even though you are slightly cracked.

maz

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 19:16:18 »
Btw you havent answered my PM .  ;)  ;D

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 19:27:33 »
Apologies - which? Nothing showing.

I'm not normally that rude.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 19:29:37 by tim »

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 19:47:34 »
But Tim,  what you have is what you have worked and fought for. You can hold your head up high!

You have self respect.

maz is right tim but it doesn't make it any easier to bear I wouldn't think.  I know it makes me bl**dy mad.
we have a family renting a house in our road and the first thing they did was put in sky, they smoke like troopers and use taxis and yet it would appear do very little work.  It makes you think who is the mug here?

MM

maz

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 19:55:12 »
Apologies - which? Nothing showing.
I'm not normally that rude.

Sorry Tim , it wasnt you.   ::)  My apologies.  :-*

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 21:56:32 »
...and what kind of parents will you have, Tim? Would you be happy with them, next time around?
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 22:35:24 »
Don't start me off on this!!! Have a teenageer in de house so filled out all the appropriate forms, which you need a degree in something to fill out, I do not agree with it, but being a domestic goddess to be there for them, I figure, if everyone else is getting something , why shouldn't mine???  But having said that, I disagree to paying kids to stay on, and if they are going to pay them, shouldn't it be the same per child, and not on income? I know of friends who claim HUGE amounts of stuff, but manage a 4X4, holidays abroad,a  new house, etc etc. and their kid will get the highest "income". they are far better off than us. It also means a lot of the teenagers that are not really interested in learning and are disruptive will stay on, cos they can potentially earn £120.00 per month  :o  Wish I had that sort of money to spend on my self, and my kids for that matter! OK rant over! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005, 23:07:56 »
We live in a Council flat, struggle to make ends meet, and yet our income is too high for my daughter to qualify for the money. There just aint no justice.

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 08:06:58 »
Talking to some retired plotholders a month or so ago they advised me to spend any money I had saved.

They said that all their lives they had saved and paid into  small works pension funds.... they were now paying tax on their pensions in total and couldn't claim any additional benefits whatsoever.... they were actually worse off by being prudent than others who had spent their lives spending all their cash.

Maybe if Mr Brown paid back the five billion pounds he 'takes' from the national pension fund each year pensioners would get a better deal

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 08:26:14 »
I heartily agree Doris the EMA is all wrong.  My daughter thought I should pay the equivalent to her that her friends are getting!  I have a friend who teaches at a Tech college and she says it is horrendous as the kids are only there for the money.

It makes my OH and I wonder why we work so hard when if we didn't we would be together more and daughter would get £30/week!

maz

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 08:33:16 »
I think this has gone off the original thought.

Tim was talking about teenage mums not teenagers in general.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 08:56:57 »
Sorry!  Didn't mean to.  It is the same for many things though that you can work hard all your life and see others who haven't with the same if not better income, or at least spare cash.   

My mother worked all her life and MIL didn't, MIL now gets lots more than my mum who paid all her taxes NI etc.

I fully understand where you are coming from Tim.

clairenpaul

• Half Acre
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 09:08:03 »
Don't get me on my soap box or I'll have to be dragged off kicking and screaming  ;D. We often say that we are crazy to work - should have had lots of kids and let the state keep us. Don't think there's an easy answer to it though. My pet hate is people claiming disability living allowance who are as fit if not fitter than I am. I don't object to people who are genuine but we know several people who get lots of cash for their 'disabilities' and then openly take the mickey out of us for being stupid and going to work ... Maybe they should think that if we were'nt so stupid there wouldn't be any cash for them

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2005, 10:57:00 »
I was on disability for a year after a breakdown, and it was no joke at all; no way did it pay the bills. My sister had 8 kids, and a husband who could barely keep himself in work, and really struggled. Some of the kids still have problems. Don't believe all you hear!

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2005, 20:18:44 »
Oh, these single mums - a disgrace to our wonderful nation and the cause of all the country's problems, dragging up their brats without a father...

...Ah yes, the fathers...

Just starting out in life, shouldn't be saddled with kids at their age, why should they pay for a mistake for the rest of their lives, it's not their fault, they can't help it  - boys will be boys.

Think on, people.
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2005, 20:42:21 »
my son has just left school and he is just finshing his exams , he will be starting collage in september,i have 4 children and they cost me a arm and leg allways on the want never enough funds to supply all there needs ,as i speak my son is at tescos getting his first night trainning he has got his self a part time job to help him through collage, i for one will be putting in for the money my husband is on a low income and the money will help my son , But believe me now he will be spending it wisey, he does not drink nor smoke far from a angel .Atleast he is working and earning his own money to .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal