Author Topic: treacherous underfoot  (Read 2795 times)

ACE

• Hectare
treacherous underfoot
« on: December 12, 2015, 11:42:51 »
I popped down to the allotment to get some fresh veg for the weekend. It was so slippery along the paths I nearly gave up. On the actual plot was alright as that is soft and sort of lumpy, but the well trimmed paths were like an ice rink. It is a condition of our tenancy to keep the paths well cut. I am going to let somebody know when it is that short it causes problems for those of us that are not so steady on our pins.

I dread going over as I would not be able to get up again, unless I could crawl through the mud to something I could pull myself up with. Once I am at my shed I grab a fork to carry around just in case.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: treacherous underfoot
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 14:29:00 »
Yep - went down with Mrs Barriedalenick today to get some veg for stew and roast and forgot to put the whellies on. Mrs B recently bust her arm (technically snapped her hand off the arm!) and has got a plate inserted to hold it all together - very worried she was going to go over and do more damage but you're right. Where the grass has been left to grow it is much sounder than where it is cut short..
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

pumkinlover

Re: treacherous underfoot
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 18:05:49 »
Ouch that sounds nasty, hope that she is recovering.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal