Author Topic: Sun Holidays  (Read 1293 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Sun Holidays
« on: January 17, 2013, 13:23:54 »
Got my first choice of holiday from the Sun, did it on the internet.  Going to Poole, in Dorset for 4 days end of April.  Sounds good to me.
Also going on a Ramblers holiday in July to Lune Valley, in Lancashire for a week. Ramblers holiday cost about £450.
Sun holiday cost £20 each for 2 of us, plus service charge.  Caravan sleeps 4 but better for 2 (more space). Will renew my senior railcard and book train early, so that saves money.
The Sun holidays are full of OAP's as the cheap ones are mid-week and outside school holidays, and some of the entertainment in the camp sites are shut, which is fine for us as we go walking.  Looking forward to the summer.

MervF

• Half Acre
  • Poole, Dorset
Re: Sun Holidays
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 17:25:57 »
If you have never been to Poole, you would enjoy walking across the Purbecks.   Check the Army ranges are open and if they are, try around the Kimmeridge and Tyneham areas.   I expect you will be staying at Rockley Sands (I live in Poole) so if you haven't got a car, I think you may have to get a bus from Poole yo go to the Purbecks

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 18:25:38 »
Have been to Poole as my brother lived in Bournemouth and now lives in Wareham.  He said we could probably get a boat from Poole to Wareham to visit him one day.  Yes it is Rockley Park.  Looking forward to it, did two Sun holidays last year one to Bridport and the other to Woolacombe Bay, did the Isle of Wight the year before and that was very good.  Didn't see ACE though which spoilt the holiday a bit, or maybe made it better.

MervF

• Half Acre
  • Poole, Dorset
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 20:35:57 »
You can get a boat from Poole to Wareham but I think they may only be a cruise and not be able to go one one boat and back on another.   I am sure your brother will be able to tell you.   We have been having Sun holidays for the past 2 or 3 years to Warmwell, Hayling Island, and Exmouth but as they did not do the half term holidays, I have booked with the site operator for Torquay and Hayling Island (again) for this year.   We take my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter hence the school holiday period.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal