Author Topic: DIGI CAMERA  (Read 2703 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
DIGI CAMERA
« on: December 17, 2004, 16:53:42 »
  PLEASE someone help me, i have a new camera first time.
i have plugged in USB to camera, DEVICE DETECTOR IS NOT DISPLAYED.
I cannot make the above screen come up.instruction says click the
[ACDSEE FOR PENTAX]icon on the desk top but the icon hasent shown on the desk top??GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it will go out the s**ing window in a minute.         FED UP rOSEBUD. :'(

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: DIGI CAMERA
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 17:26:06 »
Haven't a clue but, when in doubt, always try a restart?? = Tim

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 17:42:03 »
I am working on it Rosebud, but as you know I have XP and Windows 2000 may be very different! Get back to you in a short while

Right. First of all, have you a CD which came with the Camera, and have you put it into your PC?

« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 17:45:25 by Palustris »
Gardening is the great leveller.

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 17:52:15 »
Almost certainly no help (I'm still on Windows98) - but is there an "Add New Hardware" jobsworth in "Control Panel"? 

All best - Gavin

Ozzy

• read only
  • Acre
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 17:53:04 »
Yo Mary

Try this link I went and found for you, hope u haven't slung the camera already?? LOL

http://www.acdsystems.com/english/Support/KnowledgeBase/article?id=2301

hope this is of help mary

ciaran

:-* :-* :-*

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 18:34:58 »
Rosebud, you have probably done this but just incase, after you have plugged in the USB, have you turned the camera on? If still no luck try opening Windows Explorer and see if the E drive or Removable Disk folder is showing, you can open your image files from windows explorer, double clicking on the file will launch the programe that is associated with image files. Otherwise try clicking on Start, Programmes and see if the programme "ACDSEE FOR PENTAX" is listed somewhere in your programmes menu, if it is right click once with the mouse and then click on "Send to", and select "Desktop", doing that will put a shortcut to that programme on your desktop. Hope you work it out.  :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 22:22:35 »
 :-[ :-[ How embarresed am i  :-[ :-[.

Well folks they dont come much thicker than clotted cream in my case.
I am really to shame face to say i never put the software in my cd -rom drive  to my daughters disgust, she still hasent stopped laughing that i put a plea out.

Well i have my pictures BUT i dont know how to get them on to a4a any offers to help such a daft woman  Ha ha ha ha !!! :D.
Oooooooooooh i feel so stupid go on have a good laugh all the family have,well i have been shopping all morning. ;D so i could blame it on being tired.
Thank you for your help folks very kind of you .

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2004, 23:57:13 »
Mary don't be daft luv - how were you to know!!  When I got my camera and saw the CD I thought it was just a tutorial disc and almost threw it out.  :o I won't tell you some of the other stories about me, my computer and my digi camera!! They wouldn't make you laugh they'd just have you shaking your head in depair!!!!  :-[
At least you had the courage to ask for advice - I didn't and got myself into a right 'fankle' as we say here in Scotland.

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

windygale

• Acre
  • http://spaces.msn.com/windyspot/
    • www.rushall.org.uk
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 16:13:29 »
Hi Rosebud, things that might help,
1 try rebooting your computer,
2 place usb cable into computer and see if camera loads again if not place cd for digi camera and doulbe click on desk top and see if cd starts installing then follow instuctions,
3 if cd noes not start from desktop try to install from start-settings-control pannel -add & remove -install, follow instruction -next- browse looking for cd in e-drive (pentax ) in comand line,next -finish
hopefully this should install your camera,
to test if your camera is installed look in my computer for a removable drive. hope this helps
windy
my allotment
heaven

Glyn

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2005, 20:58:08 »
Always download the software first on any peripherals. eg..camera's, printers..etc

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2005, 18:29:40 »
Rosebud

Go to Browse, go to Data and download from there.
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal