Author Topic: Photos from Tasmania  (Read 3597 times)

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
Photos from Tasmania
« on: December 20, 2004, 11:28:39 »
Hope peeps can see these.

I think the order goes like this:

Photo 1 - Tasmanian warratah, it's the red flower on the plant in photo 3
Photo 2 - Cradle Mountain - one of the best days of our trip so far, in both weather and what we saw
Photo 3, Dove Lake, looking away from Cradle Mountain, with Warratah in centre
Photo 4 Tree-Fern glade in the 'Dismal Swamp'
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004, 11:39:36 by Moggle »
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Photos from Tasmania
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 11:42:06 »
Fan-amazingly-tastic!  How gorgeous.  Do you really wanna come back to blighty with that to look at?

So glad you are having a wonderful time and missing the brrrrrrrr frrrrrreezing frost we had this morning.   :D

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 13:36:00 »
Gorgeous! That first plant looks so weird! Look at that sky. And that lake. oh glorious!

Do you want to make us all jealous by telling us what temperature it is over there?

We had our heaviest frost so far this winter last night. And it's bloody freezing. But it did look very pretty with all the lovely patterns Jack Frost had made on the porch glass. Shame I didn't have time to get the camera before going to work.

Are you jealous? No - I didn't think so!
gone to pot :D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 16:21:33 »
Awesome views there Moggle what a lovely way to spend Christmas, cherish your memories and have a Merry Christmas 8)

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 16:34:18 »
I need a drool emoticon - NOW!!! Beautiful piccies. Thanks for posting them they are wonderful.

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 16:42:25 »
I say Moggle Those pictures are awesome. a joy to look at its a shame i bet you are having to force yourself to enjoy all that lovely weather and scenery. :) MERRY CHRISTMAS MOGGLE.

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 16:45:35 »
thanks Moggle, hope you are enjoying yourself, fabulous pictures, such colour on that plant!

Moggle

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 04:17:37 »
Glad you all like the photos. So here is some more I didn't have time for last night:

Have to add about the earlier photos, Cradle Mountain is a National Park, around 3 or 4 hours drive from Hobart where I am staying now. Also, that day was one of the best for weather since we have arrived - what luck though! Cradle Mountain is in the highlands 800-900m above sea level (whatever that is in feet) and can have pretty varied weather, even snow in the middle of summer at around this time last year! Plenty of snow there in the winter though.

Aqui, although it was probably 25C that day, and we have had a couple of 30s, the temperature has varied, and been around 17-20C most days, which is nice, especially compared to frosts  :P

Okay, now to the new photos:
1: Russell Falls, Another national park, about an hours drive from my Mums house.
2: Horseshoe falls, 15 minutes walk further up from russell falls
3: Part of the alpine boardwalk in Cradle Mountain National Park, with typical Tasmanian cooler-climate eucalypt forest
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 04:37:08 by Moggle »

Moggle

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004, 04:29:48 »
These wouldn't fit on the previous post so have done another batch:
1: Spooky dead trees at Cradle Mountain. Normally it is very wet here, but there have been a couple of droughts in recent years and you now sometimes see whole stands of these dead eucalypts.
2: Something for those of you that like 'exotics' another cold-climate fern thingy - will try to find out what it is.
3: Back to Russell Falls, I was amazed at how many mosses grew together in one square foot or so in the rainforest
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 04:35:54 by Moggle »

Moggle

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2004, 04:38:10 »
A wallaby's backside!

Now this probably wouldn't normally be interesting, but this wallaby - a small variety of kangaroo - hopped across the path while we were in the middle of our walk. Also saw Wombats and Spiny Anteaters during our walk.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 04:40:10 by Moggle »

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2004, 08:42:33 »
Thanks for posting the photos Moggle, they are amazing.  Bet you wont want to come home. ;)
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2004, 09:37:00 »
WOW! I particularly love those waterfalls. gorgeous.  :jealous:
gone to pot :D

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2004, 13:44:27 »
What amazing photos Moggle, thanks for posting.  So glad to hear you are having a great time.  Bet you wont want to come home.  What a stunning place to live - how I envy your Mum.

I hope you have a great Christmas and look forward to perhaps seeing some more photos of your amazing holiday. :D :D :D

Pat
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2004, 22:37:56 »
Of course a wallaby is interesting to us!! Love your pics, Moggle. Not at all envious that you ahve waterfalls - we have rain, you have exotics and we have bare trees, you ahve rainforests and we have - well - rain!!  make the most of it ;)
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

windygale

• Acre
  • http://spaces.msn.com/windyspot/
    • www.rushall.org.uk
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2004, 15:01:14 »
Merry Christmas Moggle, Nice pics your allotment,he he  ;)it has turned out fine,  :)the water fall, the lake, the use of the plants, ferns-deadtrees, the sunshine, even the wildlife, it's a masterpiece, :D would you mind asking the landscape gardeners to pop around to my place and create a garden like that at my home :-*the views are great, enjoy your self,
windy
my allotment
heaven

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2004, 11:25:41 »
Wow Moggle what fantastic photos! I particularly like the one of the Russell Falls. Funnily enough my rellos in Sydney sent me a picture of their Warratah which is in flower at the moment - they've had it 20 years and this is only the second (but the best) time it's flowered! Glad you had a great time! Happy Christmas!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal