Author Topic: Wanted: Green tiger & OSU Blue tomato seed  (Read 3250 times)

amphibian

Wanted: Green tiger & OSU Blue tomato seed
« on: April 28, 2010, 14:58:29 »
I am seeking seed for Green Tiger (the M&S one) and OSU Blue.

Can anyone help?

I have lots to swap.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
Re: Wanted: Green tiger & OSU Blue tomato seed
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 15:05:27 »
I have the Green Tiger, can't help with the OSU Blue though.

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 15:14:26 »
I am seeking seed for Green Tiger (the M&S one) and OSU Blue.

Can anyone help?

I have lots to swap.

I am growing osu blue this year and hopefully will have some to swap for next year (cross fingers)  :)

amphibian

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 15:24:34 »
I am growing osu blue this year and hopefully will have some to swap for next year (cross fingers)  :)

Fantastic, where did you get your seeds from? Did you attend a Tom Wagner talk or something? Keep us updated on how your grow out goes, curious to see how blue it goes under our growing conditions.

amphibian

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 18:36:03 »
Thank you everyone.

I've now been offered everything I needed.

You're a great bunch.

lottiedolly

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 07:42:33 »
I got my seeds from a seed swap, from what i understand the density of the blue is in relation to the amount of sun the fruit gets, so hopefully we will have a hot sunny summer and a really blue tomato  ;D

superspud

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 10:00:13 »
I too have some OSU blue and I was also given some amish paste by a nice kind person on the forum, Iwill be more than happy to return that favour next year when they grow and I have saved some seed. I may also have a lot of seed to give away later but most of it has 2009 on the packets, it is still viable as I am growing it this year and it is all germinating !.  Is it ok to ask for SAE's as we do not get a lot of money and I can see postage being expensive if we have do send a lot out.

Ignore me I'm having a breakdown.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 10:56:57 »
Is it ok to ask for SAE's as we do not get a lot of money and I can see postage being expensive if we have do send a lot out.
Yes, most people swap one kind of seed for another but if they want nothing it return it is commonplace for people to ask far an SAE or refund of postage costs particularly with bulkier items. Having said that some people do choose to cover the postage costs themselves. There is no fixed way of doing things.

It is also ok to say no when someone asks you for seed you are offering. If you feel uncomfortable giving somebody personal details such as your name & address (eg: you don't know them well enough) so you can exchange seeds then remember you are not obliged to do so, just send them a PM saying saying something along the lines of you would rather get to know them better on the forum first. People shouldn't be offended by such a message.

The thing that is not ok is selling seed or plants (unless done via the E-Buygumbay section) as that would breach the forum rules.
If someone regularly asks for seed but never offers anything in return and/or they never contribute to the forum in other ways they tend to become unpopular very quickly.

superspud

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 11:31:15 »
Thank you for that reply Baccy Man.

I wouldn't dream of asking for something without giving in return, I take it as implicitly asked that if I do ask for something I will be asked to give in return.

May I ask how you got your nickname ?, do you grow tobacco plants ?, I did consider it once but then found out it takes years to mature and dry, I considered it too long to wait for my fix and to get around the VAT........  ;D
Ignore me I'm having a breakdown.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 12:00:32 »
Yes I do grow tobacco (my profile pic shows some of my plants). Curing tobacco does not have to take years unfortunately there is quite a lot of misleading information around which makes it sound far more complicated than it actually is. True it does get better with age but it can be ready to smoke fairly quickly.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal