Author Topic: Toad in Greehouse  (Read 1914 times)

Karen Atkinson

• Half Acre
Toad in Greehouse
« on: February 13, 2010, 17:05:38 »
We inherited a wooden greenhouse with our allotment late last year. The toad that was in the water butt (which we rescued as we thought there'd be no way it could jump out) seemed to have found its way into the greenhouse. I have no idea how, though the door opens by itself occasionally. So what do we do with it now?

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Toad in Greehouse
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 17:46:56 »
Toads are great.  They eat slugs.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 18:33:57 »
leave him in there,if he isnt in your way,or could be a she,my mum has the same female toad take up residence every year in her greenhouse
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 19:35:39 »
Leave him alone, he's OK. If he's getting into the waterbutt, see if you can arrange something that would allow him to climb out. They're excellent climbers.

halfofmanic

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 17:53:16 »
We inherited a wooden greenhouse with our allotment late last year. The toad that was in the water butt (which we rescued as we thought there'd be no way it could jump out) seemed to have found its way into the greenhouse. I have no idea how, though the door opens by itself occasionally. So what do we do with it now?

If you leave it it will find somewhere to hide and keep popping out to hunt for slugs  when we tidy the poly we keep coming across big frogs   love them to bits

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal