Author Topic: Green/red hot chillis  (Read 1310 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Green/red hot chillis
« on: August 26, 2009, 16:08:46 »
Have got red hot chilli plants in front garden/back garden and on the allotment.  The fruit is very green, they are in pots, apart from the ones on the allotment.  Have just put one pot in the bathroom and one pot in my Argos plastic greenhouse.  I have got a leanto but it is full of OH's rubbish, the question is should I leave them outside or bring them in so they turn red.  Don't too worried as don't like hot chilli, but as I grew them all from a free packet of seeds from a magazine but like to see them turn red.  Any advice gratefully received. The front garden is very sunny and sheltered but not today as it is raining and a bit windy.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
Re: Green/red hot chillis
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 16:11:56 »
I have the same dilemma so will be interested to see what others have to say

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 16:20:47 »
Leave them out as long as possible... but they will continue to ripen after being picked and strung up to dry...  :)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 16:27:22 »
OK, thanks, will take the one out of the bathroom and put it outside again.  Did I hear that you have an Open Day soon.   ;D ;D  Might come one year, but granddaughters birthday that day and Derby is quite a way to come, but could have a train ride, sounds interesting.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 16:28:56 »
We collect from the station for "special friends"  :)

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 14:43:28 »
The bigger the pepper including sweet peppers the more likely it is to turn red after picking.

ajb

• Half Acre
    • My garden blog
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 22:35:43 »
they won't turn red if the weather starts getting cool, around 14C or so for any length of time and they start to sulk.  If it's starting to turn cool they'd be much happier on a sunny windowsill.
No fruit tree knowingly left un-tried. http://abseeds.blogspot.com/

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 09:31:42 »
Five have gone red in the front garden, one brown in the back garden and still small and green at the allotment.  Might venture out with my camera soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal