Author Topic: greenhouse  (Read 1271 times)

matgill

• Not So New ...
greenhouse
« on: October 16, 2008, 11:53:08 »
i have got three greenhouses to use but none have got heating in them. What fruit / vegetables could i grow over the winter months. cheers mat

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 13:18:32 »
I don't know as I haven't got a greenhouse, you have three.  You are so lucky, I would like one but haven't got room in my back garden/yard.  Someone here will know.  Enjoy.

Carls3168

• Half Acre
    • The Pellon Allotment
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 13:52:32 »
Hi, I'm growing....

Sweetpeas, peas, cauliflower (all the year round is a good variety) cabbages, lettuce (winter density)

My greenhouse is 6x6 and unheated, by January I put some bubble wrap up, and place the plants on polystireen (cant spell that!) on the benches.

I have a parafin heater, but thats only used in April once the Toms and tender plants are in there, and only if a really cold night is forcast.

sure others will have more ideas... THREE greenhouses hey!!!  :o

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 15:23:51 »
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 16:24:24 »
It's lettuce (cut and come again type) and spring onions for me too.  I also over-winter young strawberry plants in my greenhouse for an earlier crop next year. 

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

matgill

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 14:39:48 »
thankyou for your suggestsions i will try the sweet peas, lettuce and cauliflower. it sounds like i have a lot of greenhouses, but i  work for Groundworks charity and set up and fund community allotments as part of my project. its the first 6 months of the project that will run for three years so prob have a lot more greenhouses and school/ community allotments by next year. trying to get a good progame set up with rotations and so on. but we finished building the allotments and now its coming into winter, so everything has slowed down for now. cheers everyone anyway, great help ;D

Kendy

• Half Acre
  • Little Sutton, nr Ellesmere Port
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 16:26:30 »
3  greenhouses  - sounds like a Monty Python 2 sheds sketch !

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 18:21:38 »
I must be a greedy blighter i have five and i don,t grow owt over winter
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal