Author Topic: what did you do in march  (Read 1404 times)

ruffmeister

• Acre
    • Our Lottie blog site
what did you do in march
« on: April 09, 2008, 21:43:04 »
Hi there peeps, was wondering what jobs you guys and girls got up to in march.

are we behind, on schedule, would be nice to see where we are compared to others

Here at lottieblogs, rotorvated our plot. erected our fruit cage, planted fruit trees, manured, started brassicas. and of course put our spuds in.

To view photos and a blog of our month click here. http://lottieblogs.co.uk/march2008.aspx

Regards

lottieblogs
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 21:45:01 by ruffmeister »

betula

• Hectare
Re: what did you do in march
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 22:40:43 »
Hope you have a good season. :)

silverbirch

• Acre
  • My body is a temple - but so is the acropolis.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 22:46:18 »
March was a total washout!  Easter I spent huddled in front of the computer trying to stay warm.

I'm miles behind as well, but I've got stuff started and in to modules.   The spuds still need to go in though.

Having said that, on the couple of occasions I did manage to get up to the plot I had some nice early caulis. 

This weekend doesn't look much better either.  Ho hum.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 11:18:25 »
Yes the weather here is rotten too and March was really quite cold. Still, a long winter often means a better summer  :)
I got in the early and second early spuds, as well as the yellow and red onion sets and my echalotes.
I sowed peas and some early carrots and beets under plastic.
I tidied up the fruit and dug over some spaces that I covered up.
I thinned out some winter lettuce and admired my garlic that is looking lovely.

Then I did lots of useful things indoors like sowing my toms, sweet peppers, as well as brussel sprouts, swiss chard, some lettuce that might not make it outdoors as it is all leggy and two big pots of leeks that will soon be thinned out into bigger seed trays.
Soon I have holidays so I will take advantage of that to get the ground ready for the summer crops and get in a load of manure
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

ruffmeister

• Acre
    • Our Lottie blog site
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 17:03:10 »
yes indeed, there are people down on our sites who are thinking about planting out toms already. go figure!!!

thanks peeps

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal