Author Topic: and a merry christmas to me!  (Read 1184 times)

debster

• Hectare
and a merry christmas to me!
« on: November 20, 2007, 13:07:50 »
some of you may know that i live in a council house well there were some derelict garages behind us which they are developing into sheltered housing  :( however in the mean time they need to rent a bit of my garden off me to put their scaffolding poles in. well the original letter said it would be for 2 weeks and that they would pay me £25 a week for the priviledge. the boss from the construction company delivered the first 2 weeks cheque today and told me that the scaffolding will be there all over christmas and they will continue paying me £25 a week result  ;D they barely have a foot of the garden right at the bottom which i have not got around to developing yet and was only gonna put fruit bushes into anyway so they can wait nice one!

RosieMcPosie

• Acre
Re: and a merry christmas to me!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 13:10:02 »
nice one indeed debs!
proud owner of a lottie since August 2007!

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 14:09:51 »
That's your seeds paid for then Debs  ;D
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 16:34:27 »
Now don't all jump down my throat, but if it is sheltered housing going up behind you, don't bother with fruit bushes.
This housing will not just be a refuge for poor unfortunates, there will also be druggies and there will be all sorts of lowlifes visiting them.

Plant pyracantha and anything else with big thorns on. When these people want a fix they will steal anything they can sell and will be in your garden/shed/house taking anything that is not nailed down.

My daughter had the same problem. she had to move in the end after coming down in the night and finding one of them raiding her fridge.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 17:12:28 »
according to the plans the housing is for special needs, disabled and the elderly but like you im not sure this will happen watch this space, that must have been awful for your daughter i will be seriously considering what does go in there once i see who is being housed there you never know may get lucky
watch this space!!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 17:54:17 »
Can not ask for double rates over christmas Deb, well its worth asking.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 18:17:59 »
hey CK like your thinking only problem with having the scaffolding there i have to make sure my bathroom window is shut lol ;D ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 18:31:30 »
Nice to have a few extra bob at this time of the year ;D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 20:09:44 »
I've only ever heard the term "sheltered housing" used for elderly people. A "Homeless shelter" is another matter.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 20:11:33 »
this is definatly sheltered housing but they did say it could have disabled elderly or special needs people in it no one mentioned homeless

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 20:33:47 »
Is it only me who is failing to understand what is sad about converting some derelict garages into sheltered housing? 

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 21:03:23 »
Sheltered housing, by its very name, is meant for people who need a little extra protection and help. Here's an idea - why doesn't someone write to the council and request further details about the range of people who'll be using the sheltered housing? Then there'll be something in writing which might nip any speculation and suspicion in the bud.   ::)

Good news about the scaffolding deal Debster.  ;D
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2007, 09:28:48 »
Georgie there is nothing sad about sheltered housing at all i would just hope that the people in there will be respecting of those around them not that i think there is any reason why they wouldnt be to be honest i am more worried for them because i live on a council estate with one or two rough families and there are a lot of children with no respect for other peoples property i hope they dont get too much trouble.
good idea to check with the council i tried that they can only tell me that it is sheltered housing which could mean any age and any problem ie mental or physical disability or fraility. i am very much a live and let live person i speak to my neighbours will help them out whenever but keep myself to myself and i only ask that people dont damage or steal my property.  ;)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 18:09:56 »
Oh I see, Debster, it was the  :( at the end of your first sentence that threw me.  Let's hope the new housing project is successful.  By the very nature of it being sheltered housing there should be someone around to keep an eye on things and to ensure that any 'unruly types' in the community do not subject the residents to abuse or damage their property.   

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal