Author Topic: Bye Bye Mr/Mrs Mole  (Read 2872 times)

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
Bye Bye Mr/Mrs Mole
« on: May 29, 2004, 12:57:55 »
One corner of my garden is almost at the point of subsiding, there are so many tunnels and mole hills there.  At a recent visit to the local farmers co op we bought a mole catcher.  I have cursed the bl***y mole for months and other half has had enough of my moaning, so placed the mole catcher in the tunnel between two molehills.  Nothing has happened for days.  We just happened to spot it again after mowing the lawn yesterday and it had 'gone off'. :-\  Why is it that I am so upset now..  Hate Hate Hate having to kill the poor wee thing(as he /she is now). :'(  Still it wouldnt listen when I told it what I was going to do if it didnt find another home.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

MagpieDi

• Hectare
  • Oh to be as wise..... !!!
Re:Bye Bye Mr/Mrs Mole
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 13:49:12 »
Ooooh!.....Mimi !....you cruel, cruel girl !!  :o

( Says she who is often to be seen armed with large shovel, standing over a patch of twitching grass, waiting for a long pointy snout and 2 huge paws to appear!!  ;D )

..........have to admit, always chickened out at last minute!!  ::)  ;D
Gardening on a wing and a prayer!!

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 14:17:50 »
 :( :(

Ah Mimi,  How could you kill the mole, oh dear.  
I could not do that.  Still I manage to get  a little man in to do it for me, dont see a thing then. :D :D

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 14:46:33 »
I couldnt look either Carol.  OOO feel even worse now.

Toots

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 14:57:26 »
Hi folks,

Can I make a suggestion? What worked for me in our garden,was to pour white spirit down each new molehill as it emerges.

Moles hate strong smells and will retreat.

You have to keep doing it for some time, but it worked for us.The moles are still in the field but we have had none in the garden since,and no nasty executions!

If you have not tried this I recommend it.We used to bave a huge "mole city"under a bush in the front garden.All long gone now,and no sad little bodies.

PS for the men,you can also use another plentiful,strong smelling liquid,but I suggest only at night! ;)

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 14:59:44 »
No Mimi don't feel bad.It was either that or the rest of your garden tunnelled to bits.Nature i'm afraid is very cruel.
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

feet of clay

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2004, 15:12:43 »
Those little black velvet critters have trashed my lawn too! I won't kill and so I tried putting moth balls down each hole to scare the moles. Next morning, my moth balls were sitting atop a pile of newly-dug earth!  This year I'm ready with a humane trap and I'll be treating the trapped mole to a little car journey!

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2004, 18:12:12 »
That is nice F.O.C but you do know that they are homing moles  :o  Believe me they will find their way back..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal