Author Topic: It's starting to look like an allotment!  (Read 1067 times)

Smileyk

• Quarter Acre
It's starting to look like an allotment!
« on: August 13, 2007, 11:35:58 »
HOORAY our allotment is starting to resemble an allotment!  ;D

We now have nice rows of lettuce, sweetcorn, leeks, potatoes, cabbage (I think - it was given to me and I can't remember what it is!) and carrots.  The middle section needs weeding as dh didn't know which were carrots and which weren't (I've shown him now) and there is still about a quarter that needs to be dug over but we're getting there!

YEAH, it's soo exciting as our allotment now looks better than some of the others as some don't grow over the winter so their's are pretty bare now.  ;D

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: It's starting to look like an allotment!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 11:46:22 »
Sounds fine.  Any photos....... Past & present?
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Smileyk

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 11:56:16 »
Ummm, I should really take some pics shouldn't I?!  ::) I took some when dh had started digging but not taken any since!  Will take some soon and post.  :)

Si D

• Acre
    • North Birmingham CTC
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 17:43:15 »
Well done SmileyK.

I'm in a similar boat, only been going this summer and now actually have several rows of identifiable veg.  Infact we had our first meal from the allotment the other night: cougette curry and side salad  ;D

I was especially happy when the tow committee members, who were updating the map of the site, came past and said that it looked like I was doing well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal