Author Topic: How do I.....include pic's on my posting?  (Read 2156 times)

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
How do I.....include pic's on my posting?
« on: June 13, 2004, 23:39:06 »
Folks

Some of you are including wonderful photos of your lottie, pets etc on your postings & I was wondering how you do it.

I'm not very computer literate so would need step by step instructions ( and I mean that literally!!!).

Any assistance gratefully received

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
Re:How do I.....include pic's on my posting?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 08:56:22 »
Do a search CC there is a thread by those who know better than i do somewhere.But basically you put your pictures in a storage most people use PHotobucket now it is free.They need to be reduced to about 250 most people use hpphoto manager it can be downloaded free.(first) then copy the bottom line under the picture in Photobucket on to the required site and put your message.
Take heart it isnt difficult 'cos i can do it.But as i said before if you do a search it will be better explained.
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 09:09:56 »
Hi CC, firstly you need to have your photos hosted somewhere on the web. My ISP provides free web space. Follow this link to find out how to upload your photos without the use of fancy software.

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/yabbse/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=2628

Once your photos are uploaded on the web then you need to start a new message with A4A as usual. Where you want your photo click on the  Insert Image button see "Add YABBC tags:" and it's the fourth one along the bottom row. you will get this

[ img ][ /img ]

Put your cursor inbetween the [ img] and the [ /img] and type the URL address. It must be exactly right otherwise the picture won't show, I usually copy the address off my picture and paste it onto my message, then no mistake on typing errors.

Click the Preview button and you should see your photo.

PS forgot to mention make sure your photo is not too big, keep it to around 300 pixels max width or height.

It sounds difficult but once you have done one it is easy.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 10:20:39 »
My trick is to use MSN Groups, there's an A4A one, and the link is on here somewhere. Or I just made my own one.

Adding photos to MSN is fairly easy and self explanitory, you just need to make sure they get reduced. You don't need the MSN software, you can add photos one at a time.

Once the photo is uploaded in the right size, display the photo on the screen, right click on it and select 'Properties' from the menu. In the middle of the display you will get will be the address of the photo, which will start with 'http...' etc. I highlight all of this (and you may need to scroll down, some of them are long) and then copy and paste to my posting on A4A, helps to have several copies of the internet open at once. Once pasted, I highlight the address of the photo, and then click on the 'insert image' button above the smileys (the one that looks like a pic in a white frame'. This puts the '[ img ][ /img ]' bizzo around your photo for you.

You can always preview to make sure it comes out ok before posting.

Good luck with it Carrot Cruncher, and I look forward to seeing your photos.
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal