Author Topic: Totally Tulips  (Read 1272 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Totally Tulips
« on: April 08, 2007, 18:09:34 »
I used to think that Tulips were rather over-rated:  short season of interest, floppy untidy leaves and unreliable in terms of keeping them from one year to the next.  But they are growing on me now.  These are Fusilier, Spring Green and Triumph (and I still have the deliciously secented peach melba to come).   ;D  G x

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

pye

• Half Acre
  • Little plot of London clay
Re: Totally Tulips
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 18:45:35 »
Absolutely gorgeous, especially love the spring green. Are those white bluebells hiding behind?
You been goofin' with the bees?

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 18:51:52 »
Wonderful photos G! Fabulous tulips. My garden is full of them at the moment. I just love them.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 19:45:25 »
Thanks both.  Pye, the plants hiding behind are Hyacinths City of Haarlem. I think I posted a picture of them yesterday in here.  And Grawrc, any chance of a pic?   :)

G x
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 19:56:33 by Georgie »
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 19:54:15 »
I'll need to charge up the camera. :-[

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 19:56:10 »
Super pics! The petals of Fusilier (second pic) look as if they've been varnished! So beautiful! Thank you.  :)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 20:01:17 »
Go on Grawrc, you know you want to.   ;)

Thanks Grandma.  They were freebies and I ran out of places to plant them.  They are in and old window box next to the compost bin in spent compost which must be about 3 years old and still they are flowering their little heads off! 

G x

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 08:07:51 »
nice display  :)
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal