Author Topic: lolly pop sticks labels  (Read 1168 times)

tim k

• Half Acre
lolly pop sticks labels
« on: April 09, 2007, 19:35:47 »
just moved all my seedlings out into my mini green house all set out (and looking good :)) all in identical pots and trays on all four shelves.

Any how walked into the house to pick up some bits and bobs and my little girl was happily watering the lower shelves

five mins later there's a tug on the back of my trousers and with a beaming grin she said daddy i brought all these lolly sticks in for you :o :'(

bless her the little darling not one label left in any of the trays she even got her step so she could reach the top ones

:)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: lolly pop sticks labels
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 20:27:58 »
Awwwww, bless :)

When we were kiddies our parents took us to London for some sightseeing. We came out of the cafe after lunch & my sis said to her dad "you left this on the table and I picked it up for you....you shouldn't be so careless you know." And handed him a shilling.... ;D

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 20:30:02 »
that reminds me of when i first got my plot and was trying to de-junglify it. my three year old was in tears because i was happily squishing slugs and snails and killing weeds. 'they're gods creatures' he wailed.

i ended up putting the slugs in a big pot so they could have a party, and planting dandylions in pots to keep him happy. i later swapped them for daffodils.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 20:49:56 »
I remember 50 years ago, following my auntie around her garden, she was planting seedlings and I was 'taking off the pretty pictures she kept sticking on a cane in the ground'..trouble is, she wasn't too nice about it, that's why I can remember it !! :o :)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 21:39:00 »
Fabulous! Mine have done too many things like that to recount! The best one was when i bought OH a guitar for his birthday, went to incredible lenghts to hide it, princess powder puff, then aged 4 says, oh dad, mum bought you something and i'm not allowed to tell, but i'll give you a clue, it's a guitar.  :-\
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 22:33:00 »
Awww, yes, number one son has done the label thing for me also.  And one year, when my little girlie was in the greenhouse watching me pick tomatoes, she went and picked all the green ones for me, to give me a hand.  :D

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 23:44:03 »
Weedbusta -

when i first got my plot and was trying to de-junglify it

Brilliant!

;D ;D ;D
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 23:51:23 »
Lol Tim, just brilliant  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 17:42:43 »
One of my kids once collected eggs and 'opened 'them all to see what was inside, on the carpet !!! XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal