Author Topic: Bubble and Scribble  (Read 2452 times)

stuffed

• Half Acre
  • Hi from Milton Keynes
Bubble and Scribble
« on: May 09, 2006, 10:34:51 »
They are about 8 weeks old

Scribble

Bubble

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Bubble and Scribble
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 11:09:14 »
Oh I love guines pigs!!! A really good looking pair.  ;D

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Ceratonia

• Acre
  • Cambridge
    • Personal (non-allotment) blog
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 11:42:22 »
Nice.

They look quite big for 8 weeks? Bet those cardboard tubes have been eaten by now.

We got a couple more guinea pigs recently - both 4 months old. It's amazing how much busier they are compared to the older ones.  One of the new ones started climbing onto the roof of their house in their run - and now the other GPs have copied him.

stuffed

• Half Acre
  • Hi from Milton Keynes
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 09:55:21 »
I've got small hands so that might be fooling you on size but having said that I think I got it wrong anyway, I forgot the week they were living at my sisters making them nine weeks old.
They haven't shown any interest in chewing the tubes they just hide in them and roll them about.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 17:36:30 »
Ohhhhhhhh so sweet, we are a  Guinea Pig family too, pretty markings yours have, will post ours so you can see!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 00:36:43 »
Aaaw aren't they so adorable!  ;D

Ceratonia

• Acre
  • Cambridge
    • Personal (non-allotment) blog
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 10:31:25 »
They haven't shown any interest in chewing the tubes they just hide in them and roll them about.

Ours always eat cardbord tubes within a couple of days. We have various lengths of plastic drainpipe which they like to run through - took a photo of a guinea pig head coming out of one side of a drainpipe and a his brother's bottom sticking out of the other end, so it looks like a 3 foot long pig is in there.

Came home from work yesterday to find a new GP addition to our tribe, from the rescue centre!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 20:21:20 »
Can anyone tell me what is the very best bedding for a GP and a rabbit that co-habit?  I keep reading different things for the different animals.  :-\   They've got sawdust,some straw and some hay at the moment. The straw for the bedding and the hay for the nibbling.  I'm wondering if just hay and forget the straw would be better?  What brand of hay?

stuffed

• Half Acre
  • Hi from Milton Keynes
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 10:00:48 »
I'd forget the straw, and use either wood shavings and hay/just hay/shredded paper and hay. I get my hay from my sister who happens to have horses you can get a whole bale from horsey places for the price of a bag in a pet shop. Have a look in the phone book and see if there is a farm store or something nearby.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 22:58:36 »
aaawww...my darling is rather keen on guinea piggies.  They are sooo very cute!

littlegem

• Acre
  • baby Evan
    • Littlegem's page
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 00:25:06 »
Heldi, Hi hope ur well.

i put my piggies on a little shavings, a little straw and plently of shredded paper, my sister put her rabbit on shaving and straw. dont use sawdust, as their little lungs cant take it. also i mulch potatoes and stuff with their bedding so more shredded paper the better. in this weather it doesnt blow about. really good in compost heap aswell.
I find with the paper you can put as much in as possible and they tread it down really quickly, so over the winter months the have an igloo for insulation.
I just use hay for feed in a hay basket hooked onto wire front.
Gem x

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 14:58:10 »
Brilliant...I've got loads of shredded paper! Thanks Gem!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal