Author Topic: Bt 8 meg upgrade  (Read 966 times)

Deeds

• Half Acre
Bt 8 meg upgrade
« on: June 10, 2006, 12:04:21 »
Just to warn everyone, if you're thinking of upgrading to this service please be aware that you will be subjected to upto 10 days of line testing, when you will have an unusable service for a several hours every evening.

Just spent over an hour on the phone to discover this too. >:(

pete10

• Half Acre
Re: Bt 8 meg upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 12:39:14 »
Have heard the same thing my mate has upgraded and it keeps shutting off .Will settle down after
 a while .

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 23:10:05 »
We were talking about this yesterday. In the terms and conditions it says that you might be disconnected for upto 5 mins a go as it renegotiates and if you're in the middle of a conference call or a large download, tough!

We'll stick with our 2MB stable line for now!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 21:04:50 »
Can I chip in? I would guess that it won't actually run at 8Mb/s except under ideal circumstances, i.e. you live next door to the exchange and have just rewired your phones using that orange cat 5 cable.

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 00:21:13 »
Whatevcer service you're on, the actual speed will depend on the quality of wiring and the usage at the time; I'm on a 2MB service and find the actual speed varies wildly.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal