Author Topic: Bye Bye UK  (Read 2404 times)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Bye Bye UK
« on: August 23, 2005, 09:03:37 »
Had a great time in the UK the last 2 weeks. Back in Belgium now and wondering how I'm going to get my main crop out of the ground seeing as how I broke my ankle halfway through the hols. My plot is a mass of weeds, (don't rely on friends when you have hols!!)
It's about 9 miles to my plot and I can't drive....I might have a go on my push-bike to lift the remaining onions....sod, sod sod!

westsussexlottie

• Acre
Re: Bye Bye UK
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 09:28:38 »
sorry to hear about your ankle. Perhaps there is a local scout group etc you could ask to help out as part of a gardening badge???? Worth asking!

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 09:31:38 »
Ken - ouch I've heard that fracture is exceptionally painful. How can you even think about getting on your bike? Hope you mend quickly and get those spuds out soon. (Comfrey is supposed to be good for mending bones, but only use it externally.)
gone to pot :D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 09:36:13 »
Ken real sorry to hear about your accident, what rotten luck and for it to happen on holiday!!!!!! Hope you manage to get some help. Good luck. Lorna.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 09:43:18 »
Aw Ken!  Glad you had a great holiday and got to re-experience the joys of a local hossy!  I am sure your two weeks with family more than makes up for the weeds.  Welcome back!

Oh, and did you get your plumbing jobs done okay?

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 10:32:18 »
Aw flippin eck Ken what a pain in the foot  :(  Sorry to hear you're laid up.  It's such a nuisance for you.  I hope you can find someone to help you out with your harvesting.  You'll have to get a taxi if you can't manage to ride a bike with a pot on  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 11:49:44 »
Ooh, painful Ken! :'(  What about some of us hiring a coach and setting off on a flying emergency mercy mission -, descend on Ken's plots, weed, lift, store and back home!! In return for some lovely Belgian choccies of course  ;D

Seriously, hope you get things sorted out ........
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 17:21:42 »
HOI Ken :o

Glad to hear you had a great time in the UK.

WELCOME HOME 8)

SORRY ABOUT YOUR [ SHORT BREAK] ;) Hope it mends quickly Ken ::)
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 06:43:48 »
Best Wishes & much sympathy from this end, too, Ken. = Tim

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 07:32:35 »
Ouch Ken! Hope it heals quickly :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2005, 08:45:02 »
What bad luck for you.
It's just too far down to where you are on my bike or I would have come over. No busses?

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2005, 09:08:15 »
Thanks all for the thoughts. I threw the supplied crutches in the shed on account of they were causing more problems than they were solving. Being a bit of a stick maker I'm making one to suit me better than the issued thing. Bit dodgy using a shaving spoke and plane while balancing on one leg. Suppose to be getting fitted with an even heavier cast next week!! Also have to self inject anti clotting stuff into my belly every day, what a pain, first time I did it I nearly jumped off the bed and ended up with 3 holes instead of one! I asked the Belgium Doc if I'd be able to play the piano this week, he said 'Yes'....when I told him I couldn't play it last week I had to wait 5 min's for the joke to sink in!

I sorted the plumbing job back home, EJ and am considering taking up my final months practical/theory in plumbing to get my qualification papers. Who knows, maybe I'll ship myself back to the UK where I can continue the discussions in Tyke that I had to leave abruptly.
Job today - make a shoe from a piece of MDF and fit a couple of wheels to the front and a 'stopper' at the back.

Cheers all.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal