Author Topic: Courgette, Potato & Ham bake  (Read 2362 times)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Courgette, Potato & Ham bake
« on: August 19, 2005, 07:11:24 »
Needed to use up some more courgettes ;D Had some left over ham, so came up with this that the kids wolfed down!

Sliced potatoes, put in a pan and covered with milk/cream, couple of smashed garlic, salt n pepper and a grind of nutmeg, simmered gently until nearly cooked. added fresh basil and chopped parsley.
Then just layered in a dish the potatoes, ham and courgettes,

poured over remaining milk etc from pan, sprinkled with cheese, baked in the oven and voila! Serve with more veg or salad.

We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Tulipa

• Hectare
Re: Courgette, Potato & Ham bake
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 10:01:07 »
Doris, that looks lovely, I shall definitely have a go.  I am planning to hide courgettes in macaroni cheese today, will be ready for the complaints!  I usually put broccoli in it so they will be dissapointed.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 10:27:15 »
That looks fab.  Ta for the ideas.  Had sausage and bean casserole tonight with home grown spuds in it and of course COURGETTES  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 15:43:49 »
I did a variation on that theme last weekend.

Thinly sliced potatoes (homegrown Charlottes) and courgettes (actually a marrow from my colleague's lottie). Put half a batch of rattatouille sauce in an ovenproof dish. then a layer of spud and courg slices. Then other half of rattatatouille. and topped with spud and courg and mozerella slices. Bunged in oven until spuds were cooked and cheese was browning. Went down a storm. Could use cheese sauce instead of moz, but I couldn't be bothered to make one or maybe breadcrumbs and grated cheese.
gone to pot :D

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 18:25:13 »
I did a lasagne with thinly slice courgettes insteaad of the pasta sheets.  Worked ok.  S'pose its a bit like stuffed marrow only horizontal  :)
Get with the beat Baggy

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 19:58:45 »
My courgette lunch today.  In an omelette with my own red onion, spuds and parsley.    My very own beetroot on the side.  I'm so proud  ;D My friends free range eggs too  :)

undercarriage plan

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 22:10:01 »
Drooling here!! Looks lovely! My lot sat down to the worst homemade tomato soup ever known to mankind!! :-X No idea what I did wrong.....Oh well, shall practice on them again tomorrow...... Lottie ;D

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2005, 14:22:41 »
Had this for dinner last night, was lovely. I put some bread crumbs on the top that I happened to have in the freezer, and some slices of sweet potato.

The OH liked it so much he wiped the dish out with a slice of bread!

yummy  :P :)

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 11:06:14 »
UCP   Oh your poor children.  They'll be reporting you to Childline.  My son once reported me to Childline as I wouldn't let him watch Grange Hill  ;D

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 11:38:43 »
LOL  ;D ;D

funny what seems important when you are a child! What a hard life your kids had, what a meanie  ;D

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 17:01:20 »
Wardy - my mum wouldn't let me watch Grange Hill either, but repented in the end without me reporting her to Childline. I didn't turn out that bad! (Have never smoked crack anyway!)
gone to pot :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal