collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 100
  • Dot Spiders: 66
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:
  • Dot users are in chat:: 0

* Search

* Recent Topics

Today at 06:54:27 by galina | Views: 32 | Comments: 6

:sunny: :icon_flower: :occasion18: :occasion15: :sunny:

Happy Birthday, GrannyJanny, enjoy a fabulous day!

:wav:

And Birthday Greetings to you Melbourne12, hope they are all spoiling you today!

:wav:

Celebrate your Special Day, Johhnyco15, with all the trimmings!

:sunny: :icon_flower: :occasion18: :occasion15: :sunny:
Yesterday at 18:43:50 by squeezyjohn | Views: 96 | Comments: 7

Just had my first (absolutely delicious) meal of jerusalem artichokes for absolutely ages.

Wish me luck!  :tongue3:
November 18, 2017, 18:41:06 by andrea66 | Views: 89 | Comments: 2

Hello I have had my strawberry bed for three years now and they crop well. I have been informed that I should create a new one as they could become diseased ?? Can anyone please advise and if I do have to do a new bed do I have to buy new plants or just transplant the ones I have ?? Many thanks.
November 15, 2017, 16:28:25 by carosanto | Views: 188 | Comments: 4

Hi Everyone,

Haven't been on for ages, too busy with my new garden, which is turning into a bit of a nightmare.  It slopes gently downwards, and, as you would expect in Cornwall, with all the rain there is a damp bit at the bottom.  No problem really, I'll cope with that.  But it has a small round island bed, 5ft across, once populated by a terrible dead apple tree, and bluebells......loads of 'em.  I love bluebells, but couldn't stand the ugliest old tree stump in the world, and dug out the stump, dug out the blue bells and moved those I wanted to keep, and intend to fill my nice round hole with cobbles, topped by a birdbath. 

Well I've dug out fine enough but now my nice round hole is a mini pond every time it rains.  Before I start to fill it up with cobbles, I need to lay drainage.  Any suggestions, i.e. coarse stones, then fine grit, a semi permeable membrane? Ideas would be so welcome, as we already have one pond and don't need another!  Help needed here!  Thanks in advance.

Amazon

* Allotment Gallery

Wisley
Allotment Gallery
Views: 481
By: Digeroo

* Allotment Wiki

* Calendar

November 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11