collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 130
  • Dot Spiders: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:
  • Dot users are in chat:: 0

* Search

* Recent Topics

gazza1960
Today at 11:32:49 by gazza1960
Views: 12 | Comments: 0

FOCACCIA BREAD WITH ROSEMARY & MINI VINE PLUM TOMATOES AND HOME MADE PESTO ALLA GENOVESE
 Snacks today were simple Tasty Warm Focaccia Bread pieces drizzled with Olive Oil and smeared with Pesto

Delish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza

Yesterday at 14:50:52 by davholla | Views: 92 | Comments: 5

Is a type of potato grown in South America.
It should be possible to grow as other types of potatoes shouldn't it?  And I think is legal to import (please correct me if not true).
I am not planning to grow any other veg so what can I do about rotation or lack of

Here is the little information I can find in English
https://www.cheekyfoods.com.au/yellow-potato-papa-criolla-papa-amarilla.html
ACE
Yesterday at 12:34:06 by ACE
Views: 104 | Comments: 4

I have inherited a couple of compost bins with the new plot. Are they just gardeners toys or are they any good? I don't see them taking care of my weeds and cuttings having about a ton of the stuff I have just been digging out. I could just put the  kitchen veg waste in one of them but the other might just be taking up room. I have made a huge double compost container out of some extra large pallets I swopped for some courgettes on a building site down the road which makes more sense than these tiddley toys. As a rhubarb forcer it might be a better use for it.
Yesterday at 09:07:12 by davholla | Views: 120 | Comments: 10

I have been offered a 60 square meter plot.
I am thinking of growing apple trees, gooseberries and a mulberry tree (all fine).
Questions
1) How much work would it be to set this up do you think?
2) What would be the best way to net the gooseberries (you can grow them in pots but you cannot eat them because netting them is very difficult)?
3) Best way to keep the weeds down?
4) How much work day to day?
5) I have all of these apple trees, gooseberries and a mulberry tree in pots, can I just plant them in the ground?  They seem healthy although the trees are not productive.  Or should I buy new ones?

My main concern is netting I hate DIY and this worries me a lot.

Amazon

* Allotment Gallery

Cleome
Allotment Gallery
Views: 847
By: Gardengirl

* Allotment Wiki

* Calendar

August 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11