Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Shed / Re: Sad News
« Last post by cambourne7 on Today at 21:50:55 »
thanks guys its appreciated :)
Trying to keep going but its hard.
Edible Plants / Re: peas not germinating
« Last post by Simon05 on Today at 17:02:19 »
Thanks for the reply not tried that method but it's the way to go with all the rain
Edible Plants / Re: peas not germinating
« Last post by Tee Gee on Today at 15:19:27 »
Have you ever tried this method ( as shown in week 16) https://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Content/P/Peas/Peas.htm

Over the last few years we have been getting much higher rainfall around the time we would be sowing pea seeds at least this method avoids this happening.
Edible Plants / peas not germinating
« Last post by Simon05 on Today at 11:50:57 »
Hi all,

I have been having trouble with my peas the last 2 couple of years, either they rot in the soil or only a few germinate outside, yet if I sow the same seed in a border in the greenhouse I get very good germination and lots of peas.  The only difference I have done the last 2 years is not scatter lime of the top once covered up. I have scraped away the soil and no peas at all in some cases.

any ideas? I understand the rotting is down to too wet soil. But no peas? could it be mice,birds, squirrels?
« Last post by Obelixx on Today at 10:38:34 »
Please accept my condolences for the loss of your husband and my best wishes to you and your family.
« Last post by Palustris on Today at 08:00:32 »
I am so sorry to hear this news.
Allotment Movement / Re: Deposits at allotment sites
« Last post by lezelle on Today at 07:34:01 »
mmmmmm Know what you mean Tiny Clanger, but that is another topic as they are building like mad. Well not building but assembling as they arrive on Lorries and are just bolted together. They have so many problems due to all the housing, traffic, water, sewage etc. Our sitw is protected as the previous rich owners gave it to the town as long as it was used only as green area. However I see them building on other areas. Another interesting subject.
Allotment Movement / Re: Deposits at allotment sites
« Last post by Paulh on Yesterday at 22:09:29 »
It would be ironic if they were because the Lib Dems who now control the council won a parliamentary by-election here (almost the safest Tory seat then) a few years ago partly on the Nimby vote (plus anti-HS2, hate Brexit and get lost Boris).

The council have got stung with the cost of clearing rubbish from various plots. As other association members have said to me, the answer is to enforce the lease more rigorously. Unfortunately, a few years ago, when the council did that, the tenant won a county court case for compensation for fruit bushes and crops that may have been largely imaginary!

« Last post by lottie lou on Yesterday at 19:51:23 »
Oh Louise I am so sorry to hear this. Of course we remember him. My sincere condolrnces to you, Harriet and family. xxxMay
« Last post by galina on Yesterday at 15:18:12 »
Yes we remember Paul well from the meets at Betty's allotment and his famous bean salad, what very sad news.  So sorry to read about what you had to go through suddenly.   

Condolences and a big hug for you and for Harriet  ( ) ( )
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal