collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 182
  • Dot Spiders: 53
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:
  • Dot users are in chat:: 0

* Search

* Recent Topics

Today at 08:16:19 by Borderers1951 | Views: 93 | Comments: 4

I'm fairly easy-going and friendly towards other  plot holders on my allotment site.  I took it over about a year ago and have just finished harvesting my first year's crops here.  There are two adjoining plots - one was taken over in the spring and the other has just found a new gardener to tend it.   Both the newcomer and I now seem to be suffering from an 'I'm alright Jack' neighbour.  He never speaks but he does glare at anyone who speaks to him.  It doesn't bother me - I served part of my army service as a drill sergeant so I can glare with the best of them.  The latest-comer, however, is a young lady on her first plot and she gets nervous.  In addition, our neighbour thinks nothing of blocking the paths with tools which he leaves out for days at a time and which we have to move if we want to barrow manure from the communal muck-heap  He is supposed to refill the water-trough the three plots share but never does, leaving it to me to refill it for him.  Last but not least, he feels free to help himself to my fruit and veg.  I caught him at it twice and others have also suffered.  Compalints have been made but so far to no avail.  I never saw anything like it on my previous site.

Has anyone else suffered from this sort of behaviour and what can the allotment association do about it?
Yesterday at 17:21:07 by bluecar | Views: 92 | Comments: 3

Hello all.

Some raspberry canes from my neighbours plot have migrated over to my asparagus bed. How can I get rid of them? I don't want to dig the crowns out as I'll damage them.

Regards

Bluecar
Yesterday at 16:30:36 by gwynleg | Views: 78 | Comments: 1

Sorry for hogging with a few posts, but my new allotment is raising a few new things for me! We are lucky enough to have an allotment oriented north to south with no overshadowing anywhere. I have read the fruit trees need to go north to south so will make the beds for them that way, but how important is that for other veg and fruit bushes?

Also I used to have beds 4 by 8 feet in my last allotment but because of the different shape/size of my new allotment am wondering about making them longer. I appreciate it means longer to walk to get round but wondered how much of an issue that would really be? I want to not lose too much space to paths if I make smaller beds.

Thanks for any thoughts and advice again
ACE
Yesterday at 10:36:16 by ACE
Views: 90 | Comments: 4

Just come back from touring around for a couple of weeks to find a couple of  million ripe cape gooseberries, well half a bucket full. I cannot afford that amount of chocolate to dip them in so what with all the pear windfalls we are in for some interesting chutney.

Amazon

* Allotment Gallery

starting out..2008
Allotment Gallery
Views: 350
By: PatTim

* Allotment Wiki

* Calendar

October 2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14