collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 1760
  • Dot Spiders: 1
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:
  • Dot users are in chat:: 0

* Search

* Allotment Wiki

* Recent Posts

Today at 11:50:57 by Simon05 | Views: 22 | Comments: 0

Hi all,

I have been having trouble with my peas the last 2 couple of years, either they rot in the soil or only a few germinate outside, yet if I sow the same seed in a border in the greenhouse I get very good germination and lots of peas.  The only difference I have done the last 2 years is not scatter lime of the top once covered up. I have scraped away the soil and no peas at all in some cases.

any ideas? I understand the rotting is down to too wet soil. But no peas? could it be mice,birds, squirrels?
cambourne7
Yesterday at 12:51:41 by cambourne7
Views: 325 | Comments: 6

Hi All,

Just to day that my husband Paul died in March this year and i know that some of you would have met him when we had the meet ups in Birmingham and though i would let you all know.

It was very sudden and unexpected and were all heartbroken.

Cam (aka louise)
lezelle
May 18, 2024, 14:23:18 by lezelle
Views: 687 | Comments: 2

I picked the last of my leeks today and when stripping the outer skins noticed red lines running down the length of the stem. I have seen it before but can't find out what it is doing it. Can anyone help or advise me please.
May 18, 2024, 12:22:48 by Paulh | Views: 576 | Comments: 4

New plotholders have to pay a deposit on our council sites which is returned when they give up the plot if the plot is left in good order. It is currently £25 which does not cover the council's costs by a long way in most cases.

What amount do other sites charge? What might be reasonable - the council is suggesting £150 or even £250. This would affect new plotholders only, so it may be more a question of whether anyone would be put off and there is a small waiting list currently.

Thanks
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal