Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Edible Plants / Re: Thunderbirds are go....
« Last post by saddad on March 13, 2024, 09:14:53 »
Still peering hopefully into the heated propagator....
Shouldn't need much, still able to take OH coffee and toast in the mornings, from day one...  :wave:
« Last post by Obelixx on March 11, 2024, 17:58:26 »
Best of luck with all hat then and I hope you get some good physiotherapy sessions.
« Last post by saddad on March 11, 2024, 10:28:47 »
Planned surgery... once this one is healed they are going to do the other one...
« Last post by Obelixx on March 10, 2024, 20:06:56 »
Wet weekends are for sewing and sowing but how did you get a broken arm??
« Last post by Tee Gee on March 10, 2024, 17:17:30 »
Best of Luck!
Edible Plants / Thunderbirds are go....
« Last post by saddad on March 10, 2024, 16:48:57 »
Despite a broken arm and a wet weekend I have started the major sowing season...
4 types of sweet pepper, 5 chilli's and 6 different aubergines... oh and a few Jicama yesterday, another 15 varieties of HSL tomatoes... now all safely tucked up in the heated propagator in the spare bedroom...  :wave:
Non Edible Plants / Re: Feast & Famine
« Last post by Tee Gee on March 07, 2024, 15:47:53 »
Well I haven't decided yet but as can be seen in the cold greenhouse I have numerous plants I can put in, most of them are perennial, so I guess I will be finding somewhere to put these.

I haven't decided what I want to do with my herbaceous border (under the fruit trees) I am toying with the idea of trying to make it as maintenance free as possible. I have also to keep in mind leaving access to the fruit trees for harvesting purposes. My thoughts are clumps of Lilies, Dahlias, Iris and Chrysanthemums, with a frontage of a few biennials I have on the go.

Then I have got to think of in terms of vegetables in the bed behind my heather bed. I have a few Onions, and Garlic on the go. Then as normal I will grow my carrots & salad crops in the cold frames once they are emptied of hardening off plants.

I might grow some Beetroot as a contrasting colour in my flower borders.

So really I only have a bit of a planting plan, so only time will tell.

Weather permitting, I will hopefully get a good display of colour, some of which will be edible.

Then of course my cold greenhouse will be filled with Tomatoes, Sweet Peppers, Chillis & Cucumber.

My fruit collection will be Apples, Pears, Plums, Gooseberries, Raspberries, Strawberries & Rhubarb.

So I have the stock, the rest is up to Mother Nature.

I hope that answers your question Tg

Non Edible Plants / Re: Feast & Famine
« Last post by JanG on March 07, 2024, 06:20:52 »
Interesting, Tee Gee. What are your thoughts about what changes you might make?
Edible Plants / Re: Potato Days
« Last post by Multiveg on March 07, 2024, 00:49:13 »
I miss Ryton too... then started going to one at Harper Adams Uni... that was good, but last couple of years, went to one on the road between Welshpool and Shrewsbury. I haven't seen Carlingford for a while, but they did have Epicure (though we didn't choose it). It was on the 10th Feb... luckily the snow got warned away!
The Shed / Re: pushed for space
« Last post by Multiveg on March 07, 2024, 00:45:51 »
I'm running low on the black buckets that had flowers in, from a supermarket beginning with M. I hope I can get some more this year. Did have some white ones, but they've not lasted long.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal