collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 120
  • Dot Spiders: 3
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0
  • Dot Users Online:
  • user Google (AdSense)
  • user Google (2)
  • Dot users are in chat:: 0

* Search

* Recent Topics

ACE
July 26, 2021, 12:33:11 by ACE
Views: 318 | Comments: 8

It seems to have been a good year for it. I have just clipped it hoping for a second show. Very handy this year as I have lost so much weight I keep having to get smaller clothes. Charity shops for jackets etc, give them back when I need a smaller one, run the steamer over them or down the dry cleaners. Most of these clothes are natural fibres, not the cheap far eastern polymer rubbish.  Some like the harris tweed I would like to keep so Lavender bags are being made to keep the moths at bay. Drying it in the conservatory at the moment, the house is in a lavender haze.
July 25, 2021, 12:08:56 by rutters | Views: 328 | Comments: 9

Bought a plant from ASDA, put it in a big pot and it's growing really tall.

The growth is in the form of the shoots becoming really long (about 6ft) but as yet no fruits or even buds.
Just wondering if I should could it back to promote new growth or just leave it?

Maybe it's just too early yet anyway? Or maybe I should expect nothing in the first year?

Thanks
July 24, 2021, 20:23:27 by davholla | Views: 288 | Comments: 0

When I netted my bushes they all had lots of berries but some when I removed the netting had none.
Any ideas why?  It couldn't have been birds - not unless they can take the netting off and put it back on again.
ACE
July 24, 2021, 18:23:19 by ACE
Views: 325 | Comments: 8

Who has got recipes for courgettes, that are so tasty that you come back for more. I like them anyway they are done, but in a weeks time I shall be experimenting with them. I use them as part of my type 2 diet so any high carb additions to the recipe is out. This week it has been saute in garlic and olive oil, chopped mushrooms, peppers, chilli and chorizo. Then glazed in balsamic really hot until it gets sticky. Lovely just on it's own.

Amazon

* Allotment Gallery

The woodland walk
Allotment Gallery
Views: 1007
By: Gardengirl

* Allotment Wiki

* Calendar

July 2021
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10