Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Edible Plants / Re: Potato Days
« Last post by Tiny Clanger on February 09, 2024, 11:28:07 »
Not tried Robinsons for potatoes. Have purchased onion seeds from them this time. They're  very helpful if you're  new to seed onions. Their news letter is helpful too. Never trued those varieties  of potato, but will look out for them x
Edible Plants / Re: Davington Epicure Toms
« Last post by galina on February 07, 2024, 14:57:48 »
I give every old seed at least 3 weeks.  Glad you got two seedlings, much better than just the one.  Good luck with them ongoing Nick.  And hope they turn out as good as you remember in the different climate of Portugal too. 
The Shed / Re: imbolc
« Last post by ACE on February 06, 2024, 19:32:41 »
bit of an echo in here
Non Edible Plants / Re: Why don't my Eranthis survive?
« Last post by Palustris on February 06, 2024, 16:35:21 »
They grew like weeds in our son's garden in Cambridgeshire which was clay over chalk, so very different to ours here.
Have you ever tried growing them from seeds? The seed needs to be sown when green for good germination.
They need fertile, humus-rich soil that remains moist in summer. Odd, my soil is poor, humus lacking and dries out in summer. No understanding of it.
« Last post by Tiny Clanger on February 06, 2024, 16:20:07 »
Definite change in the sunlight Ace. Always pays to show respect. New season well on the way now. Here's to a good year x
Non Edible Plants / Re: Why don't my Eranthis survive?
« Last post by gray1720 on February 06, 2024, 14:25:06 »
They do seem to be particular as to where they will grow. They thrive in my acid clay, but do nothing  in our neighbours garden which is supposedly the same type of soil. No help, but ..............

That's inspired me to look at the soil - the RHS reckon they aren't too fussy, but prefer alkaline, which ours is. Bother, nothing there.
« Last post by Tiny Clanger on February 06, 2024, 12:19:43 »
Definite change in the sunlight Ace. Always pays to show respect. New season well on the way now. Here's to a good year x
« Last post by Tiny Clanger on February 06, 2024, 12:18:47 »
Definite change in the sunlight Ace. Always pays to show respect. New season well on the way now. Her's to a good year x
The Shed / Re: pushed for space
« Last post by Tiny Clanger on February 06, 2024, 12:16:25 »
I grow a few squash vertically. When fruits appear, I support them with old tights. They make great sling supports
The Shed / Re: pushed for space
« Last post by Obelixx on February 06, 2024, 12:09:26 »
Not here Ace but don't forget you can grow your squash bertically to save space and get the fruits up in the sun for better ripening.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal