collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 140
  • Dot Spiders: 9
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:
  • Dot users are in chat:: 0

* Search

* Recent Topics

Digeroo
Today at 05:11:04 by Digeroo
Views: 15 | Comments: 0

So I took my three fig cuttings and then looked on line to see what to do with them. 
Big mistake I had take the wrong part of the tree.  I should have had lengths of old wood and put them into a plastic bag with water.  I watched as he cut off the nice pieces I had with part old wood and part green with leaves, and said those would go to the pigs.
As we no longer have pigs on site, I decided to plant what I had. 
The leaves fell off quite quickly, but there was a small green shoot left on each cutting so I decided they were worth watering until this also fell off.
Well I watered and watered and watered.  And I made some willow water and watered with that as well.
The weeks went by and nothing.  But they got watered because I had other cutting on the go.  Big surprise first one, then two and finally three, the green shoot at the top opened and a tiny leave has appeared.  To my amazement all three cuttings appear to have rooted.   
The big question is now when to move them.  I cannot have three figs, five black currants, two gooseberries and an aronia growing out of the top of a dalek compost bin.  Though actually the aronia does not look happy.  They do not get much light in there.
Digeroo
Today at 04:55:34 by Digeroo
Views: 14 | Comments: 0

I am really struggling with ants farming aphids on my runner beans.  Almost every leaf has a dark patch on the underside with an attendant ant.  And they then seem to be moving to the flower heads.
I have been using a small sprayer to wash them off.  But they are coming back quicker than I can remove them.
Any suggestion for getting rid of them please.
I have stinging nettle tea brewing, but getting it onto the underside of the leaves is difficult.   
gazza1960
Yesterday at 12:21:35 by gazza1960
Views: 27 | Comments: 0

Conchigliette mini pasta shell salad with 48 hour Marinated Grilled chicken in Yogurt with Grilled Peppers,couscous,and home made Tzatziki plus assorted salads for supper.

Enjoy

Gazza
gazza1960
Yesterday at 11:10:32 by gazza1960
Views: 33 | Comments: 1

BRUNCH TODAY.

GRILLED GREEK SAGANAKI HALLOUMI GOATS CHEESE TWIRLS ON GRILLED AUBERGINE SLICES & 3 EGG SCRAMBLE WITH RED/GREEN PEPPERS,RED ONION,SPRING ONIONS,AND GARDEN TOMATOES ON SOURDOUGH TOAST.

ENJOY

GAZZA

Amazon

* Allotment Gallery

Allotment Gallery
Views: 734
By: Buster54

* Allotment Wiki

* Calendar

July 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7