collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 85
  • Dot Spiders: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:
  • Dot users are in chat:: 0

* Search

* Recent Topics

Yesterday at 20:36:52 by Galette | Views: 40 | Comments: 3

I bought this beauty at a car boot sale last summer when it was quite small. Since then it has grown tall and produced babies along its 'leaves' that root quite readily. As you can see, the amazing part is the beautiful multi-flower head, which appeared about a month ago in yellow, which  - as it faded - produced a lower layer of equally beautiful flowers but this time in a sort of salmon pink.  It seems to be a type of cactus.  I kept it outside during the summer, bringing it into the conservatory in the autumn, where it has remained ever since as it will be too tall and ungainly to put outside. I haven't got a clue what it is, or how to care for it.  Can anyone help please?
Yesterday at 09:02:03 by brownthumb2 | Views: 66 | Comments: 3

i bought some Hellebore's seeds  and seen in the growing instructions.  The following After sowing seal container in a poly bag and leave  for three months at 20 c then place container  and bag in the fridge for another three months.  return to 20c again as Germination can be slow.I`ve never grown them from seed before,so do I  need to go though all that or is some one here have another method
plotstoeat
April 23, 2018, 14:05:04 by plotstoeat
Views: 71 | Comments: 2

Have started eating fresh grapefruit again after an absence for a few years. I seem to recall there was some way of using the semisphere of skin in the battle against slugs but can't remember the details. Can anyone help me?
Digeroo
April 22, 2018, 16:52:38 by Digeroo
Views: 204 | Comments: 5

My soft fruit is looking good.  Loads of flowers.  But the lovely sunshine  :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: has got them all very excited.  I am really worried we are a long way to go to the last date for frost.  The last two years there have been very hard frosts well into May.  Not sure they will be too happy with a frost while in flower.

The ten day forecast shows several 4s and 5s which could mean a touch of ground frost.  Hopefully the bushes will not be affected though the potatoes might not be too happy. 

Hopefully they are self fertile because there are not many bees around and they are more interested in the white dead nettles.

Amazon

* Allotment Gallery

My Gladioli
Allotment Gallery
Views: 385
By: springbok

* Allotment Wiki

* Calendar

April 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14