collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 156
  • Dot Spiders: 6
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:
  • Dot users are in chat:: 0

* Search

* Recent Topics

lezelle
Today at 08:53:26 by lezelle
Views: 2 | Comments: 0

Hi Ya, Wish me luck as I am in hospital tomorrow for a stent fitting to my aorta artery due to an aneurysm. Will be in a couple of days but I am a little concerned and treating the subject with some trepidation in spite of the confidence and great way the staff are conversing. Well fingers crossed.
AnnieD
Today at 08:28:48 by AnnieD
Views: 13 | Comments: 3

Someone on our allotments was giving plants away so I had one. It produced one fruit.

I want to make something interesting with it, any ideas please?
Today at 06:04:21 by Borderers1951 | Views: 35 | Comments: 4

Next year I plan to grow onions from seeds for the first time in several years, apart from silver-skins for pickling.  I have read of a method in which the seeds are sown in a tray, pricked out into 3 1/2 inch pots (5 to a pot).  When large enough and hardened off, the contents of the pots are planted out as clumps, 15 inches apart and grown on like shallots.  The writer claims to have had very good results with no onion weighing less than 8 oz (variety not specified).  Has anyone else used this method and what results were obtained.  I may set aside a small area of the onion bed to grow by this method as an experiment and sow the remaining seeds as normally recommended.

Any thoughts?
October 13, 2018, 22:01:11 by Danno | Views: 89 | Comments: 2

Hi everyone. I have 14 chickens on my plot and they produce a fair am mount of manure. I have a compost bin that I'm using for the manure. Can I empty the whole thing including the manure that is only a week old into a bed and dig it in ready for next year or do I need to leave it in the compost bin to rot down before it's dug in? Thanks in advance, Danno

Amazon

* Allotment Gallery

* Allotment Wiki

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

* Top Boards