collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 136
  • Dot Spiders: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0
  • Dot Users Online:
  • user Google (5)
  • Dot users are in chat:: 0

* Search

* Recent Topics

Digeroo
Yesterday at 05:02:19 by Digeroo
Views: 36 | Comments: 0

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/using-dandelions-as-fertilizer.htm

I use nettles and comfrey.  Has anyone trying dandelions?
Digeroo
Yesterday at 04:48:05 by Digeroo
Views: 102 | Comments: 2

I had a row of purple sprouting about 4 inches high
A row of broccoli about three inches high
Another row of broccoli about four inches
A row of spring cabbage nicely germinated and Russian kale seedlings
Several nasturtiums
They have all disappears.   No stems, nothing apart from the nasturtiums which look as is something burned them.
I looked for them under the nets and there was nothing.
August 13, 2018, 14:06:02 by plot22 | Views: 99 | Comments: 2

I have had an allotment for about 10 years now and I have ups and downs like anyone else but generally have produced enough to feed my family with some to spare. This year my onions have done exceptionally well and I was thinking of exhibiting in the local council show in September. I have looked at YouTube and read about how to prepare the onions but I do not know how to actually exhibit them. Do I put them on a plate or on a plate with silver sand like shallots or just on the bench. I do not suppose for one minute that I will get anywhere but I would like to give it ago. Any advice would be most welcome.
August 13, 2018, 12:56:46 by Earth Cycle | Views: 57 | Comments: 0

National Allotment Week takes place from 13th - 19th August and will be highlighting the many benefits of growing your own fruit and vegetables. We know many of you have already discovered these benefits so we’re asking for photos of your treasured plot, or prize fruit and veg crop from this year.

The winning allotment holder will receive a bulk bag (750L - 1000L) of a product of their choosing from the Earth Cycle range including Topsoil, Soil Conditioner, Mushroom Compost, Mulch and Bark. We’re hoping that the competition will encourage others to get green-fingered and embrace the life of an allotment holder.

The aim of the competition is to raise awareness of the many benefits of growing your own fruit and vegetables. It’s not just the health benefits of eating more fruit and veg, or even the reduction to your carbon footprint in growing your own that matter. Studies show that there are many physical and mental health benefits of gardening – and this means allotments are very special places indeed.

If you’re interested in getting involved with our competition, simply send us a photo via info@earthcycle.co.uk or share on social media using the hashtag #ECAllotmentWeek @EarthCycleUK by 19th August.

We can’t wait to see the photos and we’ll share all the best snaps so that we can continue inspiring each other. For more information visit www.earthcycle.co.uk

Amazon

* Allotment Gallery

Repaired polytunnel
Allotment Gallery
Views: 611
By: SMP1704

* Allotment Wiki

* Calendar

August 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11