collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 243
  • Dot Spiders: 11
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0
  • Dot Users Online:
  • user Google (11)
  • Dot users are in chat:: 0

* Search

* Recent Topics

ACE
June 24, 2022, 16:49:07 by ACE
Views: 506 | Comments: 7

Although I took early retirement at 55, I managed to keep out of the way doing gardening shows throughout the summers for a dozen or so years, then for the last 10 years, at my leisure allotments, pottering, telly bingeing and generally being left to my own devices. Now she wants to retire next month, was going to be when she was 60, but a reprieve until 65, then I even blagged another year to 66. But i will not get away with it going up again. So my sanctuary at the allotment is paying for its keep. Time to get a more comfortable shed I think.
George the Pigman
June 21, 2022, 13:24:24 by George the Pigman
Views: 432 | Comments: 8

In never usually bother fertilising my potatoes after planting and have had bumper crops in the past although some years they are poor. In the latter case this can be usually put down to too much rain (rotting in situ or blight) or too little at the wrong time of year when the tubers are forming. I just make sure the soil is in good condition before I plant and add a bit of Growmore to the hole I plant the potatoes in. All the older gardening books I have never mention fertilising after planting.
Looking at the web a lot of sites nowadays enthusiastically recommend using granular fertiliser or tomato feeding several times post planting over the growing period, though in some cases they may have a vested interest as they are sites that want to sell you the fertiliser!
I would be interested in what people think of the issue.
June 17, 2022, 16:58:48 by bombus | Views: 352 | Comments: 4

I cannot grow Onions, Garlic, or spring onions because of the dreaded White Rot. Now for the last couple of years i have to net my leeks because of Allium Leaf Miner. Now commercial growers must have some insecticide spray they are able to use. Anyone know what it is?
June 17, 2022, 16:49:57 by bombus | Views: 280 | Comments: 1

I bought some Kadet Kale seed off the internet earlier this year. Three times i have sown it in the greenhouse and not one seed has germinated. has anyone else had a problem with this particular variety.

Amazon

* Allotment Gallery

A place to sit
Allotment Gallery
Views: 968
By: Georgie

* Allotment Wiki

* Calendar

July 2022
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9