Author Topic: newbie at sunflowers  (Read 2468 times)

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
newbie at sunflowers
« on: May 29, 2005, 21:26:50 »
hey
me and my 20 month old son have planted some sunflowers and i want a bit off advise.
they have just come up out off the soil and well that is good i no but when should i give them support.
is there any plant food i have miricle grow
i dont want to be a total flop
matt and baby joe ( he is in the photo)

Marianne

• Hectare
Re: newbie at sunflowers
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 22:16:11 »
Hi Waggi.  I only support my sunflowers when they start growing.  Once the stalk has is about as thick as a pencil, I take out the stake.  I started germinating mine about 2 months ago and they are now 60 cm tall.  Just give them plenty of sun, water regularly and feed weekly.  Good luck!
 :D

Modified to say how beautiful your babes is !  ;) :D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

DolphinGarden

• Acre
  • skip skavenger
    • Facility of the Month, Warrington Cycle Camaign
newbie at sunflowers
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 20:18:13 »
Ahhh, every WEEK. I was going to wait for every two weeks with tomato feed. Thanks

Went out back today about six o'clock and saw some snot trail, a bugger (not a booger) sidling off into the grass. Checked nearest sunflower...eaten into halfway.Grrr. Don't expect it to last very long now.  "That's it" I said, and went and got the slug pellets and surrounded the bases of the plants.  I started them off in toilet paper rolls and two have the neck of the roll protruding from the soil, so filled the circle with pellets...same for all them.

Must try the recommendation of sowing direct into the soil...

Ciaran

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal