Author Topic: mini cauliflowers  (Read 1378 times)

Anne Robertson

• Acre
mini cauliflowers
« on: May 29, 2005, 17:48:35 »
What a lovey weekend, Two bbq's with accompanying alcohol  ;D and lots of planting.
Right down to business, can I plant my mini cauliflowers between my purple sprouting brocc? Will they be ready before the broccoli gets so big and stops the sun getting to them. It's just that it will be easier to mesh them all that way. Thanks, ani

Charlotte Sometimes

• Half Acre
  • Charlie
    • Charlie's Homepage
Re: mini cauliflowers
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 20:04:02 »
I wouldn't want to chance it.  My broc (well, calabrese) got massive in the twinkling of an eye last year.  What does it say on the seed packet (mini caulis?).  I find some seed packets spectalularly unhelpful, but I have never grown mini ones so I can't advise you.  All I know is that some are picked early, and some grow at the same rate as normal ones.

I already planted my brassicas from front to back: caulis, calabrese & broc, sprouts.  Sorry to be a smart-arse. LOL.  If it makes you feel any better, I put my turnips elsewhere not realising they were brassicas! DUH!  ::)  Another growing season, another mistake.  One day I will get the hang of it!
Interests: Vegetables, Annuals & Songwriting.  Click here to listen to Charlie's songs.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal