Author Topic: Grow Your Own Magazine Free Seed Issue  (Read 7865 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Grow Your Own Magazine Free Seed Issue
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2005, 14:37:38 »
To all those posting away on this board - you do realise that it will show up on Google.  Walls have ears  ;D

Westy      Glad to hear you're unaffected by hard frost but what about hot air  ;D   
I came, I saw, I composted

purplegirl

• Not So New ...
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2005, 14:38:54 »
I am absolutely astounded by everything I have read on this forum. I thought this was a friendly place but it seems to be just people trying to catch others out. Well done sarahr for speaking up, I hate to see bullying like this. And marthamad, I can only assume that your other half won't be working in pr for much longer if he treats all confidential emails in this manner. After all he must have a reputation to protect. It's quite simple, if you like the magazine buy it. If not don't. By all means share your opinions with others, but don't drag it down into the gutter. Sarahr was quite right when she said that it is quite rare to receive a responso from an editor so quickly, and especially to receive free seeds. What exactly can you complain about?!  >:(

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2005, 14:49:50 »
It is a friendly place and we can talk to each other without getting hot under the collar or looking for offence where none exists  :)

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2005, 15:59:17 »
The editor definitely has a way with words....   :o

I told my other half about her response and he was baffled by her tone. He's in PR and thought that she might be able to save a bit of face on the board.

He emailed her to let her know about the unsavoury PR that was happening about her magazine...  He got this response:

Reply-To:     "Georgina Wroe" <georgina.wroe@aceville.co.uk>

Subject:     Re: Grow Your Own

Date:     Fri 27 May 2005 08:11 AM

aren't they horrible? I think that's what happens when you spend too much time on an allotment. Thanks for pointing it out though

----- Original Message -----
    To: georgina.wroe@aceville.co.uk
    Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 2:46 PM
    Subject: Grow Your Own

Looks like you magazine is getting some rather unsavoury PR...

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/yabbse/index.php/topic,9813.0.html

I must be horrible because I spend too much time on an allotment.
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

MarthaMad

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2005, 16:20:10 »
I find it very odd that so many newbies who haven't posted before are suddenly here to defend GYO!  :-\

Very funny indeed! The all registered at about the same time...

And marthamad, I can only assume that your other half won't be working in pr for much longer if he treats all confidential emails in this manner. After all he must have a reputation to protect.

Confidential email?  There was nothing  confidential about it.  If there was there would be a legal disclaimer of confidentiality in the signature of the mail.

I have not attacked anyone... just relayed inbiased information. 

I was e-mailing someone about a matter that related to my professional responsibility, I would keep your 'professional' head on and never assume that your e-mail won't be forwarded.

Amen Ceri.

Enough of this topic... If off to plant som Borlotto Beans...  :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 16:22:59 by MarthaMad »

Anne Robertson

• Acre
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2005, 16:25:44 »
Hey it's Friday, the start of a bank holiday weekend with the prospect of great weather. Just crack open a bottle of beer or wine and chill  ;D

purplegirl

• Not So New ...
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2005, 16:30:55 »
Hear hear! Let's forget all this nonsense and go and enjoy the beautiful weather! Here's to beautiful blooming and less bitching!  ;)

purplegirl

• Not So New ...
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2005, 16:33:31 »
By the way the computer changed my last words to 'pregnant doging', which if you can work it out was 'b*tc*ing'!!!  :-[

smartie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2005, 16:39:54 »
In defence of myself, from what I can see, there's newbies on here all the time, are there not?!

I still believe that the ed's comment was probably just her way of not taking the personal criticism too much to heart. It must be hard to have your hard work pulled apart, I've certainly been in that position before!

Anyway, I shall be bowing out of this discussion as I seem to be outnumbered and don't want to annoy any of my new lottie comrades. I'm off to enjoy a beautiful weekend of running away from stag beetles, but for the first time ever am hoping the forecast of a little rain on bank holiday monday is correct! Happy digging everyone  :)

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2005, 16:53:01 »
Purple girl    I think you had the last word.  I love the way this forum changes our words.  Look at all the trouble it gets us in to  ;D 

Go forth everyone and plant sommat before we do any more damage.  Oh, and don't forget the drinkies.  I shall be chillin later on my plot (as I usually do) and might even do some work  :)

purplegirl

• Not So New ...
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2005, 16:55:37 »
Thanks Wardy, I'll be on my lottie in Suffolk if you're about that way come and see me for a chilled glass of home-grown elderflower cordial... !  ;)

purplegirl

• Not So New ...
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2005, 16:59:28 »
P.S. what other words does this forum change? I've never come across it before

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2005, 17:05:44 »
Look in recipes and you get "thingy" of butter as we're not allowed to say

K N O B  :)   We can't say c o c k e r e l    so it's a thingyrel     we can't say

s n i g g e r     .  Oh, there's loads.  Most of which you'd never dream would get changed.  It makes you titter.  Can I say that?  I just did

Talking of elderflower cordial we were discussing making it on another thread here yesterday.  I like mine with sparkling spring water. 

Happy gardening this bank holiday.  I'll be slaving over a hot frying pan in my B & B while my OH swans off to something going on in Wales  :)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2005, 17:10:33 »
Horrible allotmenteer here!  Elderflower cordial with gin and tonic...or make the cordial into ice cubes to float in your G&T!  OMG how good is that!  Or, put some in a plassy bottle, drop in the freezer and forget about until Christmas day when you could have it with champers!  Delsimoso!

Yours, horrible allotmenteer, who has never read GYO but can't believe this thread and the tone it has taken.  Feeling less like taking part about now..... :-\

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2005, 21:25:18 »
Horrible allotmenteer here!  Elderflower cordial with gin and tonic...or make the cordial into ice cubes to float in your G&T!  OMG how good is that!  Or, put some in a plassy bottle, drop in the freezer and forget about until Christmas day when you could have it with champers!  Delsimoso!

Yours, horrible allotmenteer, who has never read GYO but can't believe this thread and the tone it has taken.  Feeling less like taking part about now..... :-\

Aww EJ, maybe that would give us a chance to catch up with your post count  ;D
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2005, 22:48:24 »
EJ   I would steer clear of this debate and stick to g & t with elderflower cordial - much more civilised  :)  Mine's a large one  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal