Author Topic: Allotment DVD?  (Read 9778 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Allotment DVD?
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2005, 09:30:16 »
Oh definitely.  My OH has made a barmy bean support and he's usually very staid and normal (unlike me).  He has also built an extension to our air raid shelter.  Why?  I have no idea  ;D  It serves no purpose whatsoever  :)

My lotty neighbour once planted a row of cabbage stalks upside down and labelled them Australian cabbages  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

cheddarpaul

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2005, 10:06:49 »
So the question is....Which came first? The madness or the lottie??

Cheddar, Somerset

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2005, 10:40:38 »
I am unanimous - the lotty!  ;D

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2005, 21:36:38 »
i concur the lottie  ;D ;)

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2005, 21:47:57 »
Oh I don't know about that, I've always been as mad as a march hare, you ask kitty  ;D

MM

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2005, 23:39:39 »
I like the daft clothes folk wear on the allotment, myself included.  I met up with two girls who have a plot next door but one to me and we were all standing talking and it was blowing a gale so we were all wearing hats.  What a motley collection of headgear we had on!  No make up and faces red with cold, wet hair flopping down our foreheads - we did look tasty.  We all agreed we looked a right state and that we could have a more elegant hobby that didn't involve dresssing like scarecrows.  A bloke near me gardens in kasbah type pants (a la Aladdin) and they billow out in the wind but are tight at the ankle.  Half mast and really look well with his socks and bare leg showing, and he tops this ensemble off with a pale blue balaclava (no doubted knitted by his mother)  ;D   We should take photos of our worst and post them in the gallery.

cheddarpaul

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2005, 07:54:44 »
I feel quite smart wearing my paint splattered overalls..

One guy on our lottie wears jeans which must have been used to clean a steam engine - all nicely open at the flies for all to see

So, I agree...lets see photos of the lottie movements finest!

Cheddar, Somerset

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2005, 08:27:39 »
I've always been as mad as a march hare,
madder i'd say.......

the other evening i'd stopped operations and was winding down for the evening-got me pj's on(bhs mens checked ones..if you really want to know...)
and i remembered something i had to do-well-i was just nipping out wasnt i?so i popped oh's dennis the menace slippers on...just nipping out to do this one job you see...and-well-it was a bit chilly so i put me biiiiiig red cardy on over me pj's(the cardys the one i wear when i dont feel well and i need a bit of comfyness).....0,and i thought-the wind was nippy so i grabbed the first hat available..which happened to be an alpaca peruvian job that one of our late cats,doris ,used to carry round in her mouth a lot-so its seen better days..
well...one thing led to another and i was still out there an hour late..and the chairman of the parish council popped into the garden to tell me about the pc meeting..

i wondered why conversation was a bit stilted...

when i got in i realised what i was wearing.....

oh said when he saw chairman jim coming down the path he hid and watched.. :-[

will i ever regain my reputation as a snappy dresser?
did i ever have it? ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2005, 09:06:19 »
I bet your old man was tittering in your shrubbery.  Bet your parish council bloke thought you were as mad as a wasp  ;D   Have you noticed that you always see all the folks you'd rather not see when you have your scruffiest clothes on?  I always have scruffy clothes on though.  I went to a concert the other week and got me best clothes out of mothballs, donned me danglers and went out.  Spoke to bloke who I litter pick with , sell plants with, garden with etc and he DID NOT recognise me :o  " (ex RAF pilot - very posh)  I wasn't wearing my bobble hat yersee  ;D

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2005, 15:53:18 »
lol!
the trouble is wardy when you get to the stage that you put yer bobble hat on and forget the rest of your togs! ;D
i'm afraid i never try to look smart-YSL would have a job with me!i tend to go for'clean' rather then smart.....
i always have either soil or paint smeared about my person somewhere....usually,when i have a large smear of paint making me look like adam ant across me mush and we get home-i say to the oh-why didnt you say i had paint on my face-he'll say(wait for this!!!)
'I THOUGHT YOU KNEW!!!'

RIIIIIIIIGHT!!!yes-of course i KNEW-i thought it was a good idea...i wanted to look like a right berk in the co-op..thought it would lure men left and right,stunned by my obvious beauty,enhanced by ultramarine blue streaked across me face like a badly made up ancient briton who hasn't quite got the hang of woad.
 ::)
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2005, 16:14:11 »
Kitty   You do make me laugh  ;D   Talking of looking daft I was with my old man on hols once in the days when he cut a dash on the beach with his long tanned limbs and lovely wavy hair.  He kept having to scramble down lizard-like from his hot rock where he was basking, and showing off his muscles, to keep cooling himself in the briny.  Anyway he was standing there in front of all the folks on the beach who we'd gone with on the coach trip and his trunks were literally in shreds and all his bare, white a r s e was poking through.  He was standing on the foreshore preening himself and we were all behind him tittering  ;D ;D ;D

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2005, 16:15:43 »
truly making an a r s e of himself!!! ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal