Author Topic: Greenhose ventilation??????  (Read 5382 times)

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
Re: Greenhose ventilation??????
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2005, 09:28:46 »
Just had another idea for moving air around yor greenhouse.
Lots of dead computers have 12v. fans in them that work fine, so why not fix one into a length of plastic drainpipe that will suck the hot air from the apex of the greenhouse, and blow it out at floor level. The fans can run off a car battery that is trickle charged by a solar panel, the type used to plug into your car cigarette lighter when you don't use the car that often. You could easily fix one system to suck air in from outside at floor level and blow it into the apex at the opposite end to the first system so you will cool the whole greenhose down, and both will run from a car battery.

Brian

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2005, 11:46:35 »
 ;D Thank you all  ;D I went for the solar panel in the end & rigged up 3 extracting & 3 blowing in & very good it is too  :) :) Think I may need more, but then Legless (thank you) that is a very interesting solar affair, have emailed company for more details I have not seen that one despite trawling the internet for weeks  :o If it does have a fan would be very interested in a few.  :) Am experimenting trying to get a swivel fan going for the still corners etc  at the moment while waiting ???
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2005, 20:57:33 »
Wickes used to do something like that for conservatories, I've got one kicking around my workshop somewhere

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2005, 07:41:08 »
 :) Will give wickes a shout too while waiting thanks.  :)
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal