General > The Shed

Inspired by Legless....

(1/4) > >>

allotment_chick:
by her pic in the Gallery ... but (most of) the effort today was mine own...

What a fab couple of hours allotmenting I had today!  My back is seizing up and the top of my right arm aches the mad - but what they hey!?  :D

Did I care that two of the blokes on the site turned round and said 'Blimey, what are you doing here - it isn't March yet!'.....I did not!

Unbelievably, the ground is digging like a dream (considering)....just turned over a little bit to get the garlic in and:
- harvested a couple each of leeks, swede and celeriac
- with the help of my neighbour moved a double compost bin
- tried to start a bonfire and failed as I was sadly underequipped with newspaper to start it and everything in the shed was too damp!
- started to clear and level the ground where the shed is being moved to on No 2 plot
- mucked under the apple tree, tayberry and boysenberry

With a bit of luck and a fair wind might get some more done tomorrow!

Muchos gracias for the inspiration!

AC    ;)

Happy  days  are  here  again!  Tra la la la la la la la la.....

legless:
hooray! i was hoping the weather was kind to you!

feels great doesn't it?

;D

Ceri:
I was inspired too, and what a mild day - spent all afternoon clearing the front garden of winter detritus - very satisfying - picking up a load of manure for the lottie tomorrow morning with nice neighbour with a trailer - hoorah

legless:
amazingly mild, i might have a bbq tonight!

allotment_chick:
Manure - now there's a thing.

The Plot Secretary tells me we aren't getting any more of our horse muck because the government doesn't allow the movement (if you'll pardon the pun) of animal waste.  Any of you guys heard about it?  All my research come up with was a ban during the foot and mouth crisis.  
AC???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version