Author Topic: sshh! got a frog!  (Read 2155 times)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
sshh! got a frog!
« on: June 01, 2005, 18:30:32 »
Don't shout too loud but a frog has moved into the pond I haven't got.  Lottie inspector came round for annual visit yesterday, about 5mins after I had arrived and first heard a plop.  I threw the spare liner over it and she stopped for a short chat and did not notice it.  The wildlife Gods are shining on me
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

maz

• Acre
Re: sshh! got a frog!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 20:11:29 »
* whispers*   Are you going to dig a little pond Clanger or maybe fill an old tub or something?

Was that quiet enough? :D

A friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg,
even though you are slightly cracked.

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 20:49:50 »
have dug pond already but council have asked me to fill it in... ::)
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 21:36:14 »
fill it in with plants?
they cannot say to much to that hee hee

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 21:36:57 »
sod the council red u need your little pond and the wildlife that goes with it to get lots of lovely frogs and toads to eat all those nasty slugs , u just keep it well hidden and i wont say a word  :) :) :)

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 21:51:52 »
There is one in the pond I haven't got, too, Redclanger.  It has taken up residence under one of my planters.  All I have in the way of water is a bird bath.  Lots of yummy slugs & earthworms though!

Anthony

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 21:12:44 »
I think my frogs are on strike at the moment :(  Went out to the garden last night after it finally stopped raining and one of the two frogs that currently reside in the pond was hopping about quite oblivious to the scores of slugs covering my walls, plants and patio!

I even nudged a few in his general direction but he still didn't seem too interested.  After a good ten minutes of trying I finally gave up on the frog and took action myself - Several good kicks, and a few serious slug headaches later and there wasn't a slug in sight.  I also scrapped a few of the smaller ones up and lobbed them into the pond where the biggest of my orfe decided he'd have a late night snack :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal