Author Topic: Three Wishes  (Read 2344 times)

Hugh_Jones

Three Wishes
« on: February 15, 2004, 23:51:17 »
The office had been particularly busy for the last fortnight.  There had been a greater influx of new business than usual for the time of year, the computer had been acting up, and on top of everything else the quarterly returns had to be prepared and sent off to Head Office, so it had been a fairly nerve wracking time for everybody.  In particular the two young secretaries had worked like demons – starting early and working late, no coffee breaks, and lunchtime sandwiches eaten at the keyboard – so the Branch Manager decided that they were due for a little treat, and he decided to take them out for a slap-up lunch at the best restaurant in town.  He booked the table the evening before, told the two girls what he had arranged so that they could dress suitably, and gave them copies of the menu so that they could decide in advance what they would like.

At lunch time the next day the Branch Manager and the two girls made their way towards lunch, their journey taking them through the park.  As they passed by a large shrubbery one of the girls notice the rim of a large vase sticking out of the soil, and, inquisitive as all women are, could not resist pulling it out and looking it.  It was covered in soil, so she took a Kleenex out of her bag and rubbed it briskly.  Immediately there was a large flash and a cloud of smoke spiralled up out of the vase, gradually settling into the form of a Genie.  “You have released me from the vase where I have been imprisoned for 3,000 years” he boomed “and so you are entitled to three wishes.  However as there are three of you, you shall have one wish each. Which of you shall be the first?”

The girl who had found the vase thought for a moment and said “I wish to be on a beach in Hawaii, in my best bikini, with the sun shining down on me, a cool drink at my side, and a room at the best hotel awaiting me”.  Immediately there was a flash and the girl vanished.

The second girl said “I wish to be on a beach in the Bahamas, dressed in my best bikini, with a waiter just bringing me a pino collada in a tall glass, and a room at the best hotel awaiting me”  There was another flash, and the girl disappeared.

The Genie turned to the Branch Manager and said “And what do wish O Master”. The Branch manager said briskly...

“I want them both back in the office at 2.30 sharp”
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

SueT

• Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Three Wishes
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 00:05:45 »
Where do you get them from Hugh?   ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »
Sue

Mrs Ava

• Hectare