Author Topic: Hi Guys  (Read 2336 times)

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
Hi Guys
« on: May 10, 2005, 05:36:57 »
New here, well, been on for a few days now, at the bequest of a certain "Bun". She's a Cool Wabbit. 
Been posting mostly in the Wildlife Forum.
Thought I'd better introduct myself, so hope this is the right place to do it.
My name is Denis, and I'm from Banbridge, Co Down, N Ireland. Have one wife over 50, and one son 13.
I'm not into gardening much. Just a couple of raised beds, hanging baskets, and planters. Got a huge garden though. Have planted some fruit, and oak trees in that, and the rest is grass. Wish I had someone interested in gardening it. Would make a good lottie, but being in the country, locals have their own, and it is too far from the town.
I already know a few peeps in here, from other places. I see a good few of you, including "The Boss" are from the Liverpool/Cheshire area. I'll be staying in Widnes for a week in June. The week is pretty much booked up, but you'd never know. Might get to meet some of you. That would be cool.
Nice place this, and although I'll not be contributing to the Lottie side of things, I hope you don't mind me kicking around, and causing general mayhem.  :D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 06:49:56 by h2yoho »

slugcatcher

• Half Acre
Re: Hi Guys
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 06:42:43 »
"ah to be sure", you stick around and welcome
Ron
Dont screw up the best things in life cos you dont know who you are, or where you are going !!

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 08:16:04 »
 ;D Welcome aboard Dennis the more the merrier, is that your mugshot on the avatar? if it is you look a very happy chappie with a good sense of humour, 
Have one wife over 50
;D Tee hee ;D

Anne Robertson

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 12:28:24 »
I've been following your posts on the wildlife forum, fascinating stuff.
Welcome to this section, keep posting. ;D

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 12:44:30 »
Thanks guys. Yip. That's my mugshot, taken almost two years ago. No point in being sad. Enough of that in the country without me joining them.  ;D

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 20:18:46 »
Hi there Denis.... and welcome to A4A.  How are the birdy boxes coming on  ;)
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 23:37:51 »
Hi Denis. Welcome!! I am a fairly new member. I haven't got a lottie and don't grow much in the way of veg. The peeps on here are really friendly and made me very welcome. Lots of forums to look at (that's why the dust on my furniture is getting thicker and thicker) I have also been following your posts  Be happy. Lorna.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 09:50:21 »
Hi Denis  ;D

I know we have already met (not literally of course) but theres no harm in me saying hi again.

I am a Cheshire girl too, and i have a son at Liverpool University so i sort of blend in with both of the places you mentioned there  :)

I have to agree with the avatar, you do look a cheery chappie  ;D

Cant wait to see your little eggs hatch  8) Its going to be so exciting when they do  :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 09:52:16 by honeybee »

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 13:22:53 »
Hi Guys. Thanks for the welcome. Cams are up and running again. Got a new link too.  :)

caz 406

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 13:34:48 »
Hi yoho, your bird cam is lovely - I keep sitting here watching it and realise the time has zoomed past! It's just fascinating. She looked around earlier and I wondered what she'd think if she knew loads of people were watching her!  :)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 14:49:32 »
Welcome Denis. Nice set-up with the cams.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal