General > The Shed

Hello!  New Here

(1/2) > >>

crickett1234:
Hello there!

My name is Clare, and I am a newbie to this message board.  I got here following a URL from somewhere else... and i have to say, I like what I see!  I am really chuffed to have found somewhere I can ask questions, and no one is going to try and take over my allotment and garden!

I am a new convert to gardening.  Last year was the first time I really got my hand dirty in the back garden of my new build house... and i loved it!  So, rather rashly, hubby and I took on an overgrown allotment as well!  It is certainly keeping us busy at the moment. 8)

I hope I will "meet" more of you on the other boards.  :)

aquilegia:
Hiya Clare! Welcome on board!

I'm also fairly new to gardening with just three seasons under my belt, but learning and expanding fast!

Tell us about your garden. What do you grow?

crickett1234:
Well, in the back garden I was trying for a cottage garden feel and got some baby shrubs last year which are maturing nicely this year.  Things like Pyracantha, Weiglia, ceanothus (sorry, probably all spelled wrong!). I have some roses, lavender, a buddleia, a big herb bed, some snapdragons, a lavatera, honeysuckle, clematis... all kinds of things really!  I have a little (about 6 foot now) Mountain Ash Tree which is growing up nicely, and I planted snowdrops, bluebells, crocuses and irises last year - the snowdrops are just showing through.

In the allotment... well I have a developed a fetish for technicolour veg, and so got lots of seeds for strange colored things.  Not planted anything yet as hubby and i have a LOT of digging to do!

What about you?

SueT:
Welcome Clare!  ;D

aquilegia:
Your garden sounds pretty much like mine! I have a lot of those plants. Mine's a cottage style nature and kitchen garden aka a mess! I love native plants and the cottage garden classics (including, of course, aquilegia), and quite a few edibles, and an olive tree (doesn't strictly fit my remit, but i love them!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version